[NFBNJ] Fw: NJ College Aid Update

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Mon Dec 10 21:12:15 UTC 2018

    Greetings to all!
Received from Pamela Gaston, NJ CBVI.
Please read and share.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

****

The following information is being forwarded by the NJ Commission for the
Blind and Visually Impaired as a courtesy, in accordance with our continued
efforts to share information that may be of interest or of benefit to
individuals who are blind and vision-impaired.

Information regarding updates to New Jersey's financial aid services.

Governor Murphy Announces New Jersey's First Step Toward Free Community
College
https://www.hesaa.org/Pages/HESAANewsPage.aspx?type=News&pid=145
This program is also available to students who are "DREAMers" and complete
the Alternative Application for financial aid.
The following community colleges are included for the first semester of the
pilot (Spring 2019 semester):
Atlantic Cape Community College; Bergen Community College; Camden County
College; Cumberland County College; Hudson County Community College; Mercer
County Community College; Middlesex County College; Ocean County College;
Passaic County Community College; Rowan College at Gloucester County; Salem
Community College; Union County College; and Warren County Community
College.

Financial Aid Resources for New Jersey Dreamers
For students who do not have legal status, NJ has made their NJ TAG
available via the following application in lieu of the FAFSA.
https://www.hesaa.org/Pages/NJAlternativeApplication.aspx