[NFBNJ] Information on National Federation of the Blind Scholarship

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 12 13:44:15 UTC 2018

Greetings to all!
Please read and share.
Promotion is the KEY!

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

***
Attention to all students from high school seniors through graduate
students. Apply now to the National Federation of the Blind’s national
scholarship program. You will also find an FAQ document attached.  Below is
a detailed breakdown of the scholarships and application requires. Note the
following:
  a.. You will need a letter from the National Federation of the Blind of
New Jersey’s president or his designee, make sure to reach out to us in a
timely fashion.
  b.. Regardless of whether you are a national finalist, your application
will also be considered for an NFBNJ state scholarship, which are granted
during our state convention in November.
  c.. If you have any questions please contact me: Mary Fernandez,
trillian551 at gmail.com and our NFBNJ affiliate president, Joe Ruffalo at
nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Call: 973 743 0075.

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

2018 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM

for blind high school seniors through grad school students

Program Begins: November 1, 2017

Deadline: Midnight, EST, March 31, 2018

$12,000 Scholarship

    “The Kenneth Jernigan Scholarship”

                           and

1 scholarship for $10,000

2 scholarships for $8,000 each

                           4 scholarships for $5,000 each

                       22 scholarships for $3,000 each

PLUS other gifts to our thirty scholarship finalists!

ARE YOU A LEGALLY BLIND HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR OR COLLEGE STUDENT?

Go to:  www.nfb.org/scholarships

To apply:  During the five-month open period, read the rules and the
Submission Checklist, complete the official 2018 Scholarship Application
Form (online or in print), supply all required documents, and request and
complete an interview by an NFB affiliate president. Read the Frequently
Asked Questions (FAQ) page for more information.

Questions? Contact the NFB Scholarship Program; Chairperson Cayte Mendez

E-mail: Scholarships at nfb.org

Office: (410) 659 -9314, ext. 2415, (8 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST)

Mary C. Fernandez

Consultant: Disability Rights and Web Accessibility