[NFBNJ] Urgent Important AIMHE

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 19 19:50:12 UTC 2018

Greetings to all!
Please read and share with others the  pasted  and attached material urgent,
important notice from Veronica Gaspa, President, New Jersey Association of
Blind Students, NJABS.
Don’t hesitate!
Each letter will make a difference!
For additional information and to forward your letters, please send to
veronica.gaspa at student.shu.edu
Phone number: 434 989 1868
Please forward all letters no later than Sunday, January 21 by 11:00 pm

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

****

Hello Joe,
I have pasted and attached the template for writing a testimony for the
Accessible Instructional Materials in Higher Education Act. If you could
please forward to the member ship I would greatly appreciate it!

Best,

Vee Gaspa

Personal Testimony

State:

Institution:

Name:

Dear (state) Congressional Delegation:

              (Introduce yourself, include what degree or major you are
pursuing [1 sentence])

(Here, insert a brief overview of an anecdote you experienced in higher
education. [5-7 sentences])

(Outline the importance of having these materials/technologies/software [2
sentences])

(Describe, in detail, the outcome of not having said course material, in
order to personalize your experience and emphasize the need. [5-7
sentennces])

              (Assert the importance of equal access to education [2
sentences])

I urge Congress to support legislation involving equal access to education.
Voluntary guidelines will benefit both administrators, faculty, and students
of higher education. By creating these guidelines, colleges and universities
will then have direction in providing sufficient and equivalent course
material to print-disabled students.

(Thank your Congressmen for their consideration [1-2 sentences])

Sincerely,

(First and last name)

Address

Phone Number