[NFBNJ] NFBNJ: IMPORTANT! URGENT! MUST DO TODAY! Marrakesh Treaty call to action

Brian Mackey bmackey88 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 17:19:04 UTC 2018

>From the desk of NFBNJ President Joe Ruffalo.

Received from Ryan Stevens, NFBNJ Legislative Director.

Greetings, NFBNJ members,

We have learned from our National Governmental Affairs Office that we are
very close to having a bill introduced which will implement the Marrakesh
Treaty, but we New Jersey Federationists need to take action to help ensure
this. Senator Robert Menendez is the Ranking Member on the US Senate Foreign
Relations Committee, so it is critical that he come on as an originating
cosponsor of the Marrakesh Treaty Implementation Act.

NFBNJ members should contact Senator Menendez's office via phone today at
(202) 224-4744. Feel free to use the following script when you call:

"Hi, my name is (insert name) from the National Federation of the Blind of
New Jersey, and I am a constituent of Sen. Menendez. I know your office is
reviewing the Marrakesh Treaty Implementation Act, and I would like to
strongly encourage the Senator to be an originating cosponsor of this
critical legislation. Thank you for your time."

If this bill is passed, it wil open up a literal world of books for blind
readers, so please make this call.

Thanks and take care,

   Ryan

Ryan Stevens

Legislative Director

NFB of New Jersey

Forwarded by:

Brian A. Mackey

Brian A. Mackey, Treasurer & Webmaster
Email:  <mailto:bmackey88 at gmail.com> bmackey88 at gmail.com
Website:  <http://www.nfbnj.org/> www.nfbnj.org
Facebook:  <https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238>
https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238
Twitter:  <https://twitter.com/nfbnewjersey> @NFBNewJersey
YouTube:  <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKEDbjGsCYHMlwd4gqpBPjg>
NFBNJTransformDreams
Live the life you want.
The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey is a community of members
and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every
day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.