[NFBNJ] Time-Sensitive: Let NJ Transit and Access Link know what YOU want to know!

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 11 12:20:53 UTC 2018

Greetings to all!
Please review and consider the request provided below.
We have an opportunity for our voices to be heard.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

****
>From the desk of Joe Ruffalo, President, NFBNJ.
Request for distribution from Linda Melendez, Chair, Transit Committee.

Hello fellow NFBNJ members:Two weeks remain for you to submit questions for
a presentation by NJ Transit (“NJT”) and Access Link at our state
convention in November -- Deadline to submit your question is September 28;
information on how and where to submit your questions is near the end of
this message.

Representatives of NJT and Access Link have accepted our invitation to
speak to our convention audience on Friday, November 2, from 2-3 p.m. Below
are some of the topics your NFBNJ Transit Committee have recommended;
please consider other topic areas of interest to our NFBNJ community and
let us know before September 28.

1.   The process for New Jersey residents to request that NJT add or change
rail of bus service in a particular area;

2.   Specific accommodations NJT offers to riders who are blind/low vision
rand the best method to receive these services.  For example, how these
passengers can be guided to and from the customer service desk in Newark
and New York Penn Station.

Here are the topics the NFBNJ Transit Committee has proposed for Access
Link:

1.   Access Link eligibility and enrollment, being eligible and not living
in a service area, service area mirrors NJT fixed bus routes, schedules,
three quarter of a mile from fixed bus routes, fares, PCA’s, reservation
process, how to cancel  a  reservation and why this is important;

2.   Access Link 2018 projected stats;

3.   New features for Access Link;

4.   Why & how using technology with Access Link will improve the service

These subject areas are just for starters. You may be asking yourself so
why do I care?  Here’s the reason: you have a chance to have your voice
heard by submitting relevant questions to your NFBNJ Transit Committee. The
committee consists of Linda Melendez, Philip Harrison, Annemarie Cooke and
Geri McGinty.

The committee will combine and format your questions then submit them to
NJT and Access Link. In addition to their live presentation at convention,
the representatives will provide answers in a Word document for
distribution to the NFBNJ listserv for future reference and for members who
did not attend the convention.

The Transit Committee will not include any personal questions and they
reserve the right to determine whether a question is appropriate.

Submit your questions by email only to Linda Melendez at
lindamelenez220 at gmail.com before Friday, September 28th. The subject line
should say NJT Access Link Convention Questions.

Let’s work together with NJT and Access Link with the goal of understanding
and utilizing the services they provide. So get those questions submitted
by Friday, September 28th to Linda Melendez by email at
lindamelendez220 at gmail.com to have your voice be heard.

Thank you,

Linda Melendez
NFBNJ Transit Committee Chair