[NFBNJ] Get Ready, Set and Go! 2nd Annual Step Challenge sponsored by the Sports & Recreation Division NFBNJ begins shortlyAll Are Welcome!

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 28 03:40:55 UTC 2018

Greetings to all!
Received from Linda Melendez, President, Sports and Recreation Division,
NFBNJ.
Note: All Are Welcom to Join With This Challenge.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

***

Joe:

Would you please consider sending a final invitation to the NFBNJ
distribution list to participate in the 2nd Annual Step Challenge,
sponsored by the Sports and Recreation Division? All are welcomed and
participants are required to register by October 1st. The details of the
challenge and registration link are below.

Linda Melendez
President, Sports and Recreation Division NFBNJ

****
We are counting down to what we expect to be a month of improved wellness,
enjoyment and an opportunity to be out and about in public with your white
cane or guide dog.

October 1st is kick-off day for the 2nd Annual Step Challenge and we hope
you’ll be part of it.  It’s simple to join –just complete a brief
registration form here:

*http://www.nfbnj.org/step-challenge-registration*
<http://www.nfbnj.org/step-challenge-registration>

Then keep your pledge to take at least 7,500 steps a day – track them (on
the honor system) on your smart phone app or other device.  On November 5th,
after our amazing 42nd state convention complete the brief end of challenge
survey.  That’s it!

October is traditionally “Meet the Blind” month so take advantage of
opportunities to walk with blind and visually impaired friends at a mall,
park, track etc.  Let members of the public see blind people getting some
great exercise, using their mobility tools and living the lives they want.

If you have questions or problems registering please contact Brian Mackey
at 610 750 6765 or by email at bmackey88 at gmail.com.  If you have questions
about the challenge please contact Tony Santiago Sports and Recreation
Division Board Member and Chair of the New Events and Activities Committee
by email at Ts.128 at icloud.com.

Regards,
Linda Melendez, President
Sports & Recreation Division NFBNJ
732-421-7063 <(732)%20421-7063>
Email: lindamelendez220 at gmail.com

--

​​Regards,
Linda Melendez, National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey

Live the life you want. The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey
is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams
of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live
the lives they want.