[NFBNJ] Press Release Comedy And Musical Entertainment Night Fund Raiser Saturday, April 13, 2019

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 6 04:37:03 UTC 2019

Greetings to all!

The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey and Bloomfield UNICO are
proud to announce the comedy and musical entertainment fun and fund raiser
on Saturday, April 13, 2019
Please post to social media.
Brian mackey, affiliate webmaster, will post the press release and a flyer
highlighting the event.
The press release will be distributed to local newspapers and to town
FaceBook pages.

As you read the press release,pasted and attached, it states that PayPal
will be available on February 13 however, as of this writing, PayPal is live
and you can make payment as early as today.
We are expecting a sellout and therefore don’t hesitate to make payment via
payPal or by check.
There will be no payment at the door.

For those taking Access Link, the cross street is Belleville Avenue.
To all chapter and division presidents, please have as an agenda item.

Any questions, please contact me at 973 743 0075 or email at
nfbnj1 at verizon.net

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

Press Release National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey and Bloomfield
UNICO

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

February  13, 2019

CONTACT:

Joseph Ruffalo, President

National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey (NFBNJ)

(973) 743-0075

NFBNJ1 at verizon.net

TWO ORGANIZATIONS WORKING TOGETHER TO HELP OTHERS

The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey and Bloomfield UNICO are
hosting an evening of comedy and musical entertainment at the Knights of
Columbus, 94 Bridge Street, Belleville on Saturday, April 13th from 7  to 11
pm.

The fund raiser will feature the comedy of Robert Ruffalo of Cedar Grove,
and musical entertainment from NFBNJ   members, Richard  Fox of Bloomfield
on keyboard; Jane Ruffalo Degenshein  of West Orange on flute and Joe
Baccan, of Mahwah, vocalist.

The event also includes a  buffet dinner from Michael V’s of Belleville,
desserts, soda, cash bar, an auction, and raffle.

Tickets are $40 and can be purchased by check made payable to NFBNJ and mail
to 254 Spruce Street, Bloomfield, NJ  07003.  In the memo, please write
NFBNJ/UNICO.  If making payment via PayPal, Online registration will open
February 13 at www.nfbnj.org/Comedy-Musical-Night/registration.

You also can reserve a table.  Proceeds will benefit both organizations
scholarship programs honoring long time residents of Bloomfield and
supporters of both organizations in memoriam The Rose and Joe Ruffalo
Scholarship Fund.

If you are unable to attend, please consider making a donation. All
contributions are most appreciated. For additional information, call  NFBNJ
President, Joe Ruffalo at 973 743 0075.  You also can reserve a table.

About the National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey:

The National Federation of the Blind is the largest and oldest organization
of and for the blind in the United States.  The NFBNJ was established in
1976 and has seven chapters and five divisions.       Chapters conduct
monthly  meetings to educate, motivate and inspire by providing information
to raise expectations to live the life we want! Also visit the NFBNJ web
site: www.nfbnj.org.

expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles
blindness does not hold us back. Together with love, hope and determination,
we transform dreams into reality.

About UNICO:

The UNICO mission is to promote the image of Italian Americans along with
Italian heritage and culture by supporting charitable, scientific, cultural,
educational, and literary projects.

The men and women of our many chapters across the country devote their time,
energy and resources to serve their local communities. They also support
UNICO National causes such as scholarships, Cooley’s Anemia, St. Jude
Children's Research Hospital, and Cancer Prevention and Research.

Founded in 1922 by Dr. Anthony P. Vastola in Waterbury, Connecticut to unite
people of Italian heritage in an organization to perform charitable,
patriotic and educational deeds.

UNICO’s motto is “Service Above Self”. UNICO means “unique” or “only one of
its kind” in Italian and additionally, the letters represent: U-Unity,
N-Neighborliness, I-Integrity, C-Charity and O-Opportunity.