[NFBNJ] It's time to ROCK and ROLL!!!! Who's ready for a trip to the Meadowlands... rsvp required

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 27 20:44:17 UTC 2019

Greetings to all!
Received from Debbie Azzarone who received from Trisha Ebel.
Please share with others.
Any questions, concerns and or comments, please contact Trisha Ebel.
Her contact info is provided below.

Joe

***

Hello Viners,

Me again.

I wanted to get this out to you soon because it sounds like fun, and I think
you should get your reservations in early if you would like to attend.

This is an email sent from Trisha Ebel, whose number for RSVP-ing is at the
bottom of her message to us.

*******************

Subject: It's time to ROCK and ROLL!!!! Who's ready for a trip to the
Meadowlands... rsvp required

Hi All!

I am so happy to let all of you know that we are receiving a very generous
donation from some very special people who you will have the opportunity to
meet if you join us!

On Monday, October 21 we have set up a trip to the Meadowlands Environmental
Center located in Lyndhurst.  The day will consist of 3 different activities
with a nature walk at the end (optional).

It is imperative that you give me your word and a firm commitment if you
reply yes and plan to attend!

A little about the MEC:The  Meadowlands Environment Center (MEC) was formed
to increase awareness and enjoyment of the Meadowlands District???s unique and
vital urban ecosystem. The agency and Ramapo College of New Jersey entered
into a partnership in 2003 to develop a comprehensive environmental
education program for schools and the general public.  Together, the NJSEA
and the experienced team of educators from Ramapo College encourage the use
of the environment as a classroom, increase awareness of the natural
resources of the Meadowlands, and help communities recognize the critical
issues that affect the region.

*************

This is a wonderful place to have a lot of fun and learn at the same time!

Between 2008 and 2010 I was lucky enough to be able to work alongside with
the MEC and the National Science Foundation to assist with making it
assessable for individuals that are blind and visually impaired.

Through the coarse of the day we will be doing a few different activities
listed below.

We are asking for an  arrival time around  8:30 am, at this time up until
9:15 we will be providing coffee and donuts.  Our start time for the
activities  will be 9:30 am sharp!  We  will break for lunch and snacks
which will be provided for all and the end time will be 3:30 pm.

Schedule of Events

8:30 am ??? 9:15 meet greet, eat and socialize

9:30 Activities begin- entire group will be divided into 3 groups with a
rotation of different activities.

Food Lab, making a tasty birds nest salad while having fun learning about
different plants

Creating your own plant to take home with you

3rd activity to be announced, we have a few to choose from

12 noon, breaking for lunch and enjoying each other???s company.

1 pm back to activities

2:30 pm Nature hike along the Hackensack river.  This takes place along a
boardwalk, this is all flat and also optional if you wish.

The MEC is Access Link Assessable.  I really need to stress that I need a
firm commitment from you if you plan to attend.  The cost per person is $40
and it is non-refundable, payment is due 3 weeks ahead of time.

So please rsvp to me (don???t reply to all please by or before Friday, October
4, first come first serve, we can invite up to 30 people.  .  I will add you
to my list and I look forward to a really fun filled Monday!

I did check with access link and they have rides going to the MEC typically
every 25 minutes and the same for going home,  please try to book at least 7
days in advance for your convenience.  If you really want to attend and can???t
get a good ride contact me in the office.

Address:

Meadowlands Environment Center

Cross street is Valley Brook Avenue

2 DeKorte Park Plaza