[NFBNJ] Cultural Diversity Day

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 30 14:48:38 UTC 2019

    Greetings to all!
Please read and share with others.
If you need, the contact information is provided below.

From: Andrew Rees

Hi Joe,

Please distribute the below information to the NFB listserve.

Thank you,

Andrew Rees

am pleased to  announce that Somerset County will host a Diversity Festival
on October 12 from 11 am to 3 pm in downtown Somerville. The event is free
and open to the public and there will be games, artist performances,
exhibits and materials from different community groups, agencies and county
services, vendors selling different ethnic cuisines, and interactive
stations focusing on diversity and inclusion.  Please distribute the
following postcard and the associated translation material to your staff,
your professional networks and community members. If you would like hard
copies of the post card, please email Kim
Cowart.<mailto:cowart at co.somerset.nj.us>

As you already may know, the Somerset County Board of Chosen Freeholders
adopted a Diversity Statement on September 25, 2018; it is highlighted below
in  this email.  This statement is the basis for Somerset County's diversity
initiatives, including the recent training program to provide all employees
with the tools and skills to deliver services that are respectful of and
responsive to the beliefs, practices, and cultural needs of Somerset
County's diverse population.  The ultimate goal of these efforts is to build
a community that is tolerant and accepting of others and to celebrate all of
the forms of diversity that are found here in Somerset County.

I look forward to seeing all of you on October 12th!

Michael J. Amorosa
County Administrator
Somerset County

Somerset County Diversity Statement 2018.pdf
Somerset County Diversity Statement

The County of Somerset is home to a population of promising
individuals from around the world, making Somerset County a
unique   vibrant   community   because   of  its   diversity.   The
County's diversity is among our greatest assets.

Diversity  is  fundamental  to  everything  we  do  in  Somerset
County.  It is inclusive of not only those who look different but
those who may think differently.

When  Somerset  County  recognizes,  values,  and  embraces
diversity,  we  are  recognizing,  valuing  and  embracing  the
uniqueness of each individual.