[NFBNJ] Important Time change To 7:00 PM for our diabetic committeeOctober 3

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 30 11:44:40 UTC 2019

    Greetings to all!
Ed has offered a time change for the upcoming Diabetes Committee conference
call.
See below.

Joe
From: Ed Godfrey
Hello members and guests.  We will be making a change to the time that we
are holding our October 3 conference call.  It will be at 7:00 P. M. rather
than 8:00 P. m.
There is a state conference call. at 8:00.
Greetings to All!

Here are the minutes for the September 5 meeting and the agenda for the
October 3 Diabetic committee conference call

Call:  605 468 8005

Code: 460994 pound

     The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey

Diabetes committee

Thursday, September 5 2019

Called to order at 8:10 by Committee Chairman Ed Godfrey

Members in attendance were: Chairman Ed Godfrey co-chair Angela Parone, Lori
DeMarco, Ward Biondi, Cynthia Jones, Don Wardlo, Cathy Butzler, Jocelyn
Santiago, Harvey and Linda Williams, Valery Frank, and Carol Thomas.

1.  Ed Godfrey reviewed the notes submitted from the May 2 meeting.

2. Lori said that she was able to get the Dexcom glucose monitoring system
approved by Medicare. However, her husband had to file a grievance on her
behalf with Medicare.  Lori asked if anyone had the contact information for
Dr. Denise Robinson who spoke at our June meeting about the Dexcom system.
This prompted a discussion where Jocelyn talked about the dexcom system and
the interaction with the insulin pumps. Jocelyn told us that she had an
excellent trainer name Michelle.  Michelle works for Minimed Medtronic
Company, and is a Diabetic educator.  Some of the members wanted to know if
it was possible for Michelle to attend one of our meetings.  Jocelyn said
that she would talk to Michelle about coming on our call.  Said that she
would ask Michelle if this was possible.

Angela is working on getting someone to come to our state convention to talk
about the Dexcom system.  However, she is getting a run around from these
companies.  One of the members suggested that perhaps someone could bring
there dexcom system to the convention for others to look at.  Harvey???s wife
Linda said that Harvey needs more training on his system.  Joselyn said that
she would forward his information to Michelle to see if she could help.
Jocelyn said that she would email the information to Ed regarding the cgm
system which could be fowarded to the diabetic committee.

3.  We talked about the state convention in November.  Several members said
that they were planning to attend.

4.  For the benefit of members who may not be aware of the state and
national listserv.  Angela and I gave the procedure for subscribing to the
listservs.

5.  Cynthia said that she was taking several medications along with her
insulin. As a result, she was experience low blood sugars.  Jocelyn
suggested that she contact her doctor and enquire as to whether she may
qualify for a dexcom monitoring system.

6.  Harvey motioned to adjourned the meeting.  The meeting was adjourned at
8:55 P. M.

Agenda for the October 3 meeting

1.  Call to order.

2.  Roll call.

3.  Review of previous Minutes

4.  Review of requirements for being a member of this committee

5.  State convention update in November

6.  around the Phones

7.  Adjourn

Minutes and Agenda submitted by Ed Godfrey

Chairman NJ Diabetic committee

nfbnj1 at verizon.net