[NFBNJ] Eviction Moratorium / NJ Housing Resource Center and Local Public Housing Agencies

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 24 16:48:34 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!
Received from Pamela Gaston, NJ CBVI.
Please share with others.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

From: Pamela Gaston
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2020 12:35 PM
Subject: Eviction Moratorium / NJ Housing Resource Center and Local Public
Housing Agencies

The following information is being forwarded by the NJ Commission for the
Blind and Visually Impaired as a courtesy, in accordance with our continued
efforts to share information that may be of interest or of benefit to
individuals who are blind, visually impaired and deafblind.

Question: If I don't pay my rent during a pandemic eviction moratorium, will
I owe the rent when the coronavirus pandemic is over?

You would risk getting evicted if you do not pay. Even though there are
suspensions of evictions during the COVID-19 outbreak, no federal
legislation has been passed that would prevent renters from having to pay
back owed rent.

Your best move right now is to contact your landlord as soon as possible and
try to work out a payment plan or if you can pay something, ask if a partial
payment would be acceptable. Also, review your lease and review what it
states about missed rent payments.

-----

The NJHRC is a FREE, online searchable registry of affordable and accessible
housing units throughout the State of New Jersey, including:
  a.. Affordable Rental Housing
  b.. Affordable For-sale Housing
  c.. Housing with Accessibility Features
Launched in 2005, the NJHRC website was created by the New Jersey Housing
and Mortgage Finance Agency (HMFA) to provide a central location for New
Jerseyans to search for as well as list available affordable and accessible
housing units throughout the state.

The HMFA, an affiliated agency of the New Jersey Department of Community
Affairs (DCA), continues to fund and support NJHRC. To provide the most
up-to-date web- and call center-based housing location services as well as
disaster recovery efforts, HMFA has partnered with the non-profit
organization Socialserve.com. Socialserve.com�s mission is to help people
access affordable housing and supportive services by developing solutions
that utilize leading-edge technology.

The NJHRC is updated daily to consolidate resources provided by the New
Jersey Apartment Association, New Jersey Association of Realtors, and
landlords, among others, to help individuals and families find available
rental and for-sale units in their desired areas.

No matter your specific housing needs, the NJHRC can help you.

For assistance, call toll-free: 1-877-428-8844.

NJ Housing Resource Center: https://www.nj.gov/njhrc/

Homelessness Prevention Agencies:
https://www.state.nj.us/dca/divisions/dhcr/offices/docs/hppcontacts.pdf

NJ Local Housing Authorities:
https://affordablehousingonline.com/housing-authorities/New-Jersey

      New Jersey Housing Resource Center
      NJHRC, New Jersey Housing Resource Center, HRC, NJHRC.gov, find
housing, affordable, housing search, free housing search tool, new jersey
      www.nj.gov