[NFBNJ] Parent Perspectives on Remote Learning with Blind/Deafblind Students: A Virtual Panel Discussion

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 10 17:33:35 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!

Please read and share with others.
An opportunity to learn and share.
All information is provided below.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

From: Monique A Coleman
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 1:21 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Parent Perspectives on Remote Learning with Blind/Deafblind
Students: A Virtual Panel Discussion

Greetings, B/VI Educators, Related Service Providers, and Parents!

As we all continue to think about and prepare for the unique challenges and
opportunities that we will face with remote education in the upcoming school
year, it is important to learn from and center the voices of parents.

You are invited to attend a virtual panel discussion that will feature
parents of preK-12 blind/deafblind and low vision children sharing insights
on remote learning based on their experiences over the past few months. This
special event will broadcast live on August 25th from 7:00pm - 8:15 pm EST.

The diverse group of parent panelists will discuss some of the challenges
and unexpected opportunities of remote learning, share strategies for
effective remote learning, and talk about parent involvement and support.

Visit the event page for more details and to RSVP. Please feel free to share
this email announcement with others!

This special event is hosted by VISTAS Education Partners and the National
Homework Hotline-BVI.

Thank you,

Monique

Monique Coleman, M.A. Ed., TVI
President, VISTAS Education Partners
Adjunct Instructor, San Francisco State University
EdD Candidate, Rutgers University Graduate School of Education