[NFBNJ] 4th annual Ms. Blind diva Empowerment pageant details

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 22 22:07:27 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!
As you know, I believe raising expectations to transform dreams into reality
and to live the life we want is an important goal.
With this said, please review, participate, and share with others.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

From: Eyes Like Mine Inc
Subject: 4th annual Ms. Blind diva Empowerment pageant details

Hello Joe,
Thank you  for reaching out to me last week. Eyes Like Mine Inc is looking
forward to host our virtual Ms. Blind Diva Empowerment Pageant on October 3,
2020 from 4pm-8pm. This year is particularly exciting because we have 8
contestants participating for this year's title, a  golden sash, The crown,
and a  $1000 cash prize. There are two titles our participants can win
throughout the course of our virtual experience. I  mentioned the ultimate
title which is the face of the pageant and along with this contestant's
prizes she will keep her title for one year to make public speaking
appearances, community outreach, and any opportunities that will allow her
to share her experience during the 2020 pageant.  It would be great if our
title holders participating this year could speak during the NFB NJ
convention just as our 2019  title holder did last year. The 2nd title  our
contestants are competing for is the Ms. Independant YouTube video
challenge. All contestants had to create a  video displaying an activity of
independence. Once their video was created they were to apply it  to their
application in order to complete their final submission. Once our pageant
applications reached its deadline all of the contestants were challenged to
bring awareness to their participation in the 4th annual Ms. Blind Diva
Empowerment Pageant  to encourage their supporters and online audience to
support them by selecting the thumbs up and like button. This action counts
as a  vote. All contestants have until October 2  to gain as many votes as
possible toward their videos. The person with the most likes will claim the
Miss Independent Youtube Challenge title holder for one year along with some
prizes for their efforts. It will be revealed during our meet and greet
happy hour which anyone is welcomed to attend in support of what the pageant
platform represents as well as the dynamic contestants we have this year. We
have 6  contestants who  are NFB members in their states which include
California, New York, Florida, Texas, Maryland, and you know New Jersey is
representing strong with 3  contestants!

Although our applications have closed, we have a  special segment on October
3 , 2020 we want to be sure to recognize mothers  who are blind, vision
impaired, deaf blind, or low vision through a  nomination process which I
included the link in this email for anyone in your network to nominate any
mother who is within these sectors of vision loss. The mother can be  a
foster ,step,grand,god, great, in law, biological, mother of any stature. I
am including the information to participate in our meet and greet happy hour
as well as the credentials to join on the day of the actual pageant. Thank
you for supporting our contestants by sharing their videos  and sharing
information about the events leading up to the pageant day to encourage your
network to support our contestants. This year is the 100th anniversary of
the women's suffrage movement  which we are observing during our pageant
this year.

Saturday
"October 3rd, 2020"
4pm-8pm
Purchase Tickets with eventbrite
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the- 2020-miss-blind-diva-empowerme
nt-pageant-tickets-115812005827
The mission of the Ms. Blind Diva Empowerment
"Pageant is to empower women with vision loss by providing tools to
cultivate and encourage their daily life experiences. This year,for the
fourth annual Miss Blind Diva Pageant,we are taking the party national with
a live event on Zoom celebrating 100 years of women's suffrage!

Eyes Like Mine, Inc. Presents

The 2020 Miss Blind Diva Empowerment Pageant Meet & Greet
Friday October 2nd, 2020 | 7:30PM-9PM
free tickets from eventbrite
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/miss-blind-diva-empowerment-pageant-meet-greet-tickets-115816284625
Join the ladies participating in the 2020 Miss Blind Diva Empowerment
Pageant for a friendly virtual meet and greet on Facebook Live!

Miss Blind Diva 2020 Miss Independent Youtube - Alba Mila
"I believe in myself and I know I have the power to succeed in life. Nothing
can stop me." - Alba Mila
1,112 Views & 238 Likes

Miss Blind Diva 2020 Miss Independent Youtube - Vee Gaspa

"Life’s what you make it." - Vee Gaspa

647 Views & 54 Likes
Miss Blind Diva 2020 Miss Independent Youtube - Joanna Benthall

“I may have lost my eyesight but I didn’t lose my vision” -Joanna Benthall

246 Views & 12 Likes
Marvelous Mom Form