[NFBNJ] {Spam?} President ruffalo's Notes For Week Of July 20 2020

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 20 21:47:41 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!
I have provided several points of interest to share with all.

For those that attended and participated by joining on zoom calls during the
2020 national convention, Super.

For those that did not attend or participate during the 2020 national
convention, give it a try, zoom or in person.

Please visit the link that highlighs Jane Degenshein???s first timers
experience with her attending and participating in Orlando, Florida in 2015.

This was featured during Thursday???s opening activities.

Jane, outstanding words for all to consider.

https://youtu.be/SGKYK4KCjc8

The dates for the 2021 national convention are Tuesday, July 6 through
Sunday, July 11 in the lively city of new Orleans,Louisiana.

Special notice: In the next few weeks, I will be forwarding information
highlighting the National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey???s state
convention scheduled from Thursday, November 5 through Sunday, November 8 in
Woodbridge.

Yes, more details will be forthcoming.

Please review several topics of interest.

---

The below email was forwarded to President Riccobono following his opening
address to the conventioneers.

Subject: [State-Affiliate-Leadership-List] President Riccobono Thank You For
Your Leadership

Greetings President Riccobono and all!

Each year, you and others respark the flame in my heart to live the life I
want by raising expectations to transform my dreams into reality.

Your remarks presented during your presidential opening speech,continue to
provide educational, motivational and inspirational words that I need and
want to put into action.

Again, thank you for your leadership.

I provided a quote that describes  your leadership, from John Quincy Adams,
6th President of the United States of America.

???If your action inspires others To dream more,learn more, do more and become
more, you are a leader.???

Again, thanks.

Proud to Serve!

Joe

We care. We share.  We grow. We make a difference!

****

Received from Bernice Davis, Executive Director, New Jersey Commission  for
the Blind and Visually Impaired.

Hi Joe,

So happy I could join and contribute. I would like to sincerely acknowledge
the amazing job that you, Linda and your team have done with putting
together an amazing NFB, NFBNJ virtual convention in such a short period of
time. Loved the testimonials as always. Keep up the great works. Talk soon.

Bernice

****

Received from Jane Degenshein, NFBNJ, Technology Division President.

Wondered if you would share this with our NFBNJ distribution list ?As you
know the value of newsline and there are so many missing out on  the
valuable information and benefits of our free newsline service.

Thanks

***

Please read and share with others an opportunity to subscribe to  NFB
Newsline, a free service sponsored by the New Jersey Commission for the
Blind and Visually Impaired.

If you haven???t subscribed as of yet, and wish to do so,

contact Jane Degenshein, our NFB Newsline  coordinator.

Phone: 973 736 5785 or

Her email is:

jdegen16 at comcast.net

and include the following info:

name, address, phone number/s, email

Come and join over 3,100 subscribers from New Jersey.

NEWSLINE BOOKLET AND DIRECTIONS

Overview of the Service

NFB-NEWSLINE is an information access service for the blind and
print-disabled that carries a variety of different information and
publications. Currently there are newspapers, magazines, blindness-specific
publications, Spanish newspapers, breaking news publications from major
networks, emergency weather alerts and forecasts, TV listings, job listings,
grocery flyers,and weekly circulars from national retailers.

There are a variety of ways to access NFB-NEWSLINE. You may listen to
content over a standard touchtone telephone, which is available twenty-four
hours a day, seven days a week. Many subscribers may also choose to use one
of the electronic delivery methods. These include our NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile
App on your iPad, iPod touch, or iPhone, or online by using your computer
and our secure website. You can also have content sent directly to various
digital talking book readers such as the Victor Reader Stream or the digital
NLS Player from the Library of Congress. To obtain detailed instructions
about those access methods, please visit our website www.nfbnewsline.org.

If you have any questions about the service, please call 1-866-504-7300. You
may also send us an email at nfbnewsline at nfb.org.

We hope you enjoy this valuable service.

                        Your NFB-NEWSLINE Team

Again, to all, please review and share far and wide.

NFB-NEWSLINE???s Job Listings

To access the job listings, press "9" from the main menu. This will take you
into the job listings main menu. To access Career Builder, press ???1???. To
access USA Jobs, press ???2???. From there, you???ll need to set up your search
profile. There is no limit as to the number of profiles that you can create.

Creating a Search Profile

You???ll first be asked to enter the five-digit zip code from which the job
listings are to be culled.

The next step is to specify the distance to search for jobs using your
defined zip code as the center of a circle; the thirty-mile radius from your
provided zip code is the default radius, but you can modify it so that it
has a radius from five miles to one hundred fifty miles.

Next, select your preferred category; there are over sixty categories
available. Listen for the category that seems most appropriate, and then
press the corresponding keys.

Then, set the education level you wish to specify for this search profile.
The default level of education is unspecified. To search for jobs without
limit to education level, select option 1, or, if you wish to look for job
listings specifying a certain education level, press ???2??? to modify this
search option.

Next, you are asked to specify the type of employment you desire, such as
full ??? or part ??? time. Press ???1??? to accept the default and search for jobs
of all employment types, or you can press ???2??? to select a specific
employment type, such as fulltime, or to look for jobs under multiple
employment types.

You can then choose to set the minimum salary that you want to search for in
the job listings. Press ???1??? to choose the default option and search for all
jobs regardless of minimum annual salary, thus widening the possible search
results. If you desire to only search for jobs specifying a minimum annual
salary, press ???2??? to change this criterion; options range from $0.00 to
$120,000.00.

You can then choose to set the maximum salary that you want to search for in
the job listings. Press ???1??? to choose the default option and search for all
jobs regardless of maximum annual salary, thus widening the possible search
results. If you desire to only search for jobs specifying a maximum annual
salary, press ???2??? to change this criterion; options range from $0.00 to
$120,000.00.

As the final step, you may then enter a job search phrase which narrows the
job search for listings containing that word or phrase. To do so, press ???2.???
Entering a phrase is not necessary, but may assist you in targeting specific
jobs within that category (such as ???policy??? to search for positions where
you???d craft policy), or for position levels within that category (such as
???entry level??? to search for jobs where prior experience isn???t required). You
will use our ???Search Mode??? feature to enter the characters (letters and
other items, like spaces) to create your search term or phrase. For
information on how to use our search mode, refer to the pertinent section in
the User Guide.

Once you???ve completed these steps, the system will ask you to either save or
discard the search profile just set up. To save this job search and
continue, press ???1.??? To discard this job search and return to the Job
Listings main menu, press ???2.???

Searching for Jobs

Once you???ve set up a search profile, you are taken back to the Job Listings
main menu. To search for jobs, select the profile you want to use when
searching for jobs, and enter the corresponding number; these are played in
order of creation. This takes us to the menu for our search profile. To
listen to all jobs for that profile, press ???2.???

When listening to jobs, use the ???1??? and ???3??? keys to move backward and
forward, respectively, through the listings. When you???ve heard a listing
that you???d like to save for later access or delete from your job search
results, press ???5??? and follow the prompts. Pressing ???pound 9??? will send an
email of this listing to you, as well as a link for a web page with the
position's application form, and, if desired, a copy to another person. To
add a primary or secondary email to your account, call us at 866-504???7300.

If you have reviewed job listings, and if you have saved and deleted jobs,
the menu for the job search profile you used will include these new options:

To hear your saved jobs, press ???3???

To hear only new jobs, press ???4???

To hear only previously accessed jobs, press ???5???

To view only discarded jobs, press ???6???

Jane Degenshein

NFBNJ co-ordinator

jdegen16 at comcast.net

****

Attention Access Link Customers:

New Jersey???s latest Executive Order 165 now allows for increased customer
volume on Access Link vehicles.  As a result, you may be riding with more
customers. As the State continues to re-open, face coverings are still
required while riding all public transit including Access Link.  Social
distancing must also continue to be practiced whenever possible while
traveling.

If you have any questions, contact the Access Link Customer Service
department at ADAServices at njtransit.com or calling 1-800-955-2321, option 5.

****

Received from David Mostello, NFBNJ, Secretary of the Capital Chapter.

Subject: 3rd Extension for Non-Drivers' Drivers License Renewals - Sept. 30

Greetings Fellow Federationists,

I found the following in an article on NJ.com this evening.

The expirations dates of drivers??? licenses, vehicle registrations,
inspection stickers, non-license IDs and temporary tags will now be extended
for several more months to give people more time and to reduce lines at
agencies. The MVC extended expiration dates in March and again in May due to
closures prompted by the coronavirus pandemic.

Documents expiring between March 13 and May 31 have been extended to
September 30; those expiring between June 1 to August 31 have been extended
to December 31. Commercial driver licenses expiration dates were previously
extended to September 30.

Republican lawmakers had called on Murphy to extend the expiration dates of
MVC documents by several months on Wednesday. Agencies reopened on July 7
after being closed almost four months since mid-March as a coronavirus
precaution.

****

This past Saturday, I forwarded an email to all on this list,highlighting
several possibilities  to attend to virtual opportunities to join calls of
interest.

Virtual programs are brought to you by NJ Hope and Healing- CCP program The
Mental Health Association  in nOpe and New Jersey in collaboration with the
New Jersey Department of Human Services' Division of Mental Health and
Addiction Services,  Disaster and Terrorism Branch, are offering a Crisis
Counseling  Program

(CCP) through a (FEMA/SAMHSA)  grant. For more information visit
www.mhanj.org