[NFBNJ] Save The Date And Time Accessible Vote By Mail Conference Call And Governor Murphy's Voter Info Letter

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 11 14:47:44 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!

Please share with others.
Members and non members are welcome to join us.

Save The  Date and Time
The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey will be conducting a
conference call to highlight the accessible vote by mail for the upcoming
primary elections to be held in early July.
The conference call will be held  on Monday, June 22 at 11:00 am.

Several days prior to the call, zoom instructions will be forwarded.

After my signature block, the following information is for your review.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

Received from Pamela Gaston, NJ CBVI
Subject: July 7, 2020 Voter Information
>From the Governor's Office:

In light of the ongoing novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Governor
Murphy signed Executive Order No. 144 on May 15, 2020 which requires the
County Clerk to send all Unaffiliated and Inactive Democratic and Republican
registered voters a Vote-by-Mail Ballot application for the upcoming July 7,
2020 Primary Election. You will receive an application because you are a
registered Unaffiliated voter or a voter with an Inactive status that is
entitled to vote in the July 7, 2020 Primary Election.

Because New Jersey is a closed Primary Election state, in order to receive a
ballot, an Unaffiliated voter must choose to be affiliated with the
Democratic or Republican party to receive that Party’s Vote by Mail Ballot.
You may return to an Unaffiliated status following the Primary Election by
completing and returning a Party Declaration Form to your County
Commissioner of Registration.

A voter may apply for a Mail-In Ballot by mail up to 7 days prior to the
election. He or she may also apply in person to the County Clerk prior to 8
P.M. the day of the election.

To contact your county Commissioner of Voting:
https://www.state.nj.us/state/elections/primary-election-070720.shtml

     NJ DOS - Division of Elections - July 7, 2020 Primary Election
Information

      Official State of New Jersey, Division of Elections website. In light

      www.state.nj.us