[NFBNJ] OrCam in the news and free demo day

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 30 03:45:30 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!
Found the following to forward.
Visit the links.
Share with others.
Contact information for Eve is provided.
Please contact Eve to verify the Saturday, April 18 presentation.
---

From: Eve Posner
Subject: Revised OrCam in the news and free demo day

Hi Joe, this is the revised email. Thank you, Eve

Hello New Jersey NFB members, I have a few pieces of good news to share from
OrCam. For those who are unfamiliar with this technology, OrCam makes AI
devices for people who are blind, have vision impairment, and reading
challenges. The assistive devices convert visual information into audio, in
real-time. Portable, discreet and lightweight, OrCam reads both digital and
printed text, recognizes faces, identifies products, money and more. Your
hands are free to do other things while listening to the audio. OrCam was
created to harness the power of computer vision and increase people’s
independence.

The good news. First, The City of Newark is first in the US to buy OrCam
assistive devices for public use at various locations throughout the City.
Click here to hear Eve Posner, Dr Wade of the Newark Health Department and
Krystle Allen of Eyes Like Mine discuss this historic progress in New Jersey’s
largest city.

Second, OrCam has signed a collaboration agreement with NFB. A result of
this collaboration is an ongoing 10% discount for NFB members off their
purchase an OrCam device. If anyone needs information on this offer, please
contact Eve Posner at 973.820.5090 or the email below.

Thirdly, I’m hosting a demo day event in Newark on April 18th, from 1 to
4pm. This is a free opportunity to try out the different OrCam devices.
Again, that’s April 18th from 1-4. It’s free but you need to register for a
specific appointment time. Click here for the information and registration
link for your complimentary demo.

Fourth piece of news, OrCam has a new device called OrCam Read coming out in
May. It’s a first of its kind handheld digital reader called OrCam Read. It’s
the size of a fat pen. OrCam Read is designed for people with mild to
moderate vision loss and reading challenges like dyslexia. Click here to
listen to a short video about ORCam Read.

Lastly, OrCam was named by Time Magazine as one of the top inventions of the
decade. Click here for more.

As always, feel free to reach out to me, Eve, with questions or for
information about OrCam devices and payment plan options. I’m here for you,
New Jersey.

Eve Posner, Eve at amit-group.com

973-820-5090

Regards,

Eve

Empowering!

The world's most advanced assistive camera for people with vision
impairment,

blindness & reading challenges. OrCam gives independence.