[NFBNJ] Lyft is offering free rides to NFB Members to assist in the voting process ($20 value)

Ellen Sullivan ems553 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 18 09:49:12 UTC 2020

Greetings to All!

Our rideshare partners at Lyft are providing us with additional general
coupons worth $20 per user. The code is being made available for use October
15, 2020, through November 3, 2020. It should be used to assist our members
or any other blind person in your affiliate in the voting process.

Lyft is offering free rides to Federation members valued at $20 from
Thursday, October 15 through Tuesday, November 3, 2020.

This offer is intended for NFB members. Please do not post this on social
media channels. This offer is for up to $20 one (1) Lyft car ride (Lux
excluded) to a polling location anywhere in the United States with Lyft
service, including registered dropbox locations if you are in an exclusively
vote-by-mail state. Limited quantity available. Limit one per user. Lyft
promo codes and discounts are offered in accordance with all applicable laws
and regulations and cannot be combined with other ride credit or offers.
Offer of promo code is not intended to induce, nor is it conditioned on, the
act of voting, or voting for or against any particular person or measure.
Subject to  <https://www.lyft.com/terms> Lyft's Terms of Service

In order to use the code, individuals who you approve must:

a) download and install the Lyft mobile application ("Lyft App") on a
compatible mobile device

b) create and maintain an active Lyft account, including agreeing to Lyft's
Terms of Service

c) successfully redeem the code in the Rider's Lyft App

d) take a standard ride on the Lyft App

(Note: for a ride taken by a rider that exceeds the amount of the Lyft code,
Lyft will charge the rider's personal payment method on file for the
remaining cost of the ride.) We will use discretion in assigning the code,
and explain that the code should not be shared with anyone. If they are
aware of someone they feel could benefit from this assistance, they should
refer them to Linda Melendez, NFBNJ First Vice-President at 732 421 7063 or
email,  <mailto:lindamelendez220 at gmail.com> lindamelendez220 at gmail.com.

We want to make the process as simple as possible, while exercising care to
protect the code, and to collect information that would be helpful to us.
When assigning the code, we will need to collect the following information:

1. Name of individual requesting the code:

2. Their city and state:

3. Description of how the code will be used.

Once you contact Linda with this info, she will provide the code.

 <mailto:nfbnj1 at verizon.net> nfbnj1 at verizon.net