[NFBNJ] Access to Medical Systems

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 2 19:29:02 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!
Please review and share with others.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2020 1:53 PM
Subject: Access to Medical Systems

Dear Colleagues,

We are looking into potential experts for a Federation case against a
hospital system involving effective communication in the hospital setting.

If you’re aware of any medical systems doing a good job of providing
accessible notices (things like disclosures, visit summaries, and bills) to
patients, please let us know. Similarly, if there are any best practices or
folks working on best practices in this area, that would also be great to
know.

If you have any useful contacts/data please send it to Valerie Yingling at
vyingling at nfb.org.

Thank you,

Mark

Mark A. Riccobono, President

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314 | Officeofthepresident at nfb.org

Twitter: @Riccobono

Pronouns: he, him, his

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work