[NFBNJ] {Spam?} Vision Loss Alliance of New Jersey Fall 2020 Virtual Classes

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 4 14:47:35 UTC 2020

Greetings To all!

All info is below.

Please share with others.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

From: Elsa Zavoda
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2020 10:23 AM
Subject: Vision Loss Alliance of New Jersey Fall 2020 Virtual Classes

Good Morning!

Registration for Vision Loss Alliance of New Jersey fall classes is now
open.  Classes will start the week of September 14, 2020 and will continue
on our virtual platform.  Our fall roster has been expanded to include
several new classes, which are detailed below.  In order to attend you must
register for each class individually.

We are grateful to The Grotta Fund for their generous grant, which allows us
to continue to provide our virtual programs free of charge for the remainder
of 2020.  We look forward to having you join us for these classes.

If you have any questions or difficulties please email us at:
beyondsight at vlanj.org or call us at (973) 567-1249.

We look forward to having you join us!

Best Regards,

VLANJ

Elsa Zavoda, MS OTR/L, SCLV, CLVT

Program Director
Phone: (973) 627-0055; ext. 1335
E-mail: ezavoda at vlanj.org

Fall 2020 Virtual Program, September 14-December 11, 2020

Mondays

Fitness Fun with Joannie:  11:30am-12:30pm

Increase stamina with light cardio, gentle activities to help increase
balance, joint flexibility and range of motion.  We will use light weights
to maintain muscle strength. Exercise can be fun!  All levels welcome and
you can adapt the class to your level of fitness.

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUkcOuvrDouGNMm1nSs4_zK_7v3StflPoii

Back to Basics 101:  1:30pm-2:30pm

Back to Basics is an interactive class that will teach you basic living
skills through demonstration and discussion. During this class,
organizational skills, home safety, optical aides, lighting and contrast
will be discussed.  Learning with your peers and sharing techniques, an
added bonus to this class.

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYrdOyrrD8jHdY-7ZLI9hpd3joRIXVEVrBt

Tuesdays

Mindfulness & Meditation: 1:30pm-2:30pm

Come share comfortable clothing.  calming and invigorating breathing
practices, a quiet sit and slow flow movement for an overall sense of
optimal health, in conscious presence. One may utilize a chair or the floor
(positioned on a mat and folded towel). Eat lightly prior to our session and
please wear

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUpce-urT0pGdef573KKcVRycgBSGSlcHWb

Wednesdays

Now & Zen Yoga: 10:00am-11:00am

Yoga is an ancient tradition that promotes balance and good posture, both of
which can be adversely affected by vision loss. In this Hatha yoga class
students will learn toning and strengthening exercises, as well as
relaxation skills that are designed to quiet the mind.  All levels welcome.

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0odOmoqzkvHdNrsBivycySkK9MJS-DE62

Workout Wednesday: 1:30pm-2:30pm

Join us each Wednesday for a different workout. We will be utilizing the
most effective moves from a variety of formats; Pilates to strengthen core
muscles, Barre to improve balance, range of movement and flexibility, Light
Cardio to get you moving and burn calories, increase endurance and light
weights for resistance to improve strength and muscle growth.  Appropriate
for all fitness levels.

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAtdeygpjgqHtNhotwAzj6BBbh9e0mZr3AJ

Thursdays

Moving Forward One Step at a Time: Self Advocacy 101, 11:30am-12:30pm

There are three parts to becoming an effective self-advocate: knowing
yourself, knowing your needs, and knowing how to get what you need. This
group provides strategies to effectively communicate your needs with others
and educate the people around you. The group setting allows for exploration
of shared experiences where discussion of implementing appropriate
communication techniques to help and support each other.

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUudeugqTIrHdLGfWj0mQpbJHKRqkjgZVHM

Inquiring Minds: 1:30pm-2:30pm

“Inquiring minds want to know” this class provides weekly topics of interest
in many diverse subjects. We will invite Special guest speakers and
presenters who will provide you with helpful information. Come explore
topics in technology, learn about Horticulture and virtually meet
interesting people sharing helpful resources.  Knowledge is power so join
Inquiring Minds to nourish your mind.

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwtfumqqTovEtOVR8OuUnDY-s_2_L3mr_p2