[NFBNJ] Fwd: Catch the Rhyme! Poetry Webinar for Blind Kids & Friends, April 21st 7 pm EDT

Linda Melendez president at nfbnj.org
Sun Apr 11 13:22:25 UTC 2021

From: Monique A Coleman
Date: Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 2:23 PM
Subject: Catch the Rhyme! Poetry Webinar for Blind Kids & Friends, April
21st 7 pm EDT
Greetings Friends,In celebration of National Poetry Month, join Young Ant
and other special guests for a youth poetry/spoken word webinar on April 21
from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT! We will share rhythmic readings of poems from Hip
Hop Speaks to Children: A Celebration of Poems with a Beat. Also, Young
Ant, whose song "Stick Walk" is an anthem for the white cane, will talk
about her creative process for writing rhymes.

We will also feature poems written by kids!

*Do you know a kid between the ages of 5-16 who has a poem to share? *They
can submit a poem for us to read, or they can send a video of themselves
reading the poem. *Each person who submits a poem that meets the guidelines
will get a prize!*

For more info and to submit a poem, email info at vistaseducation.com.
To register for this free event go to: https://bit.ly/2Q5SlUr.
Please feel free to share this event with others who may be interested!

Hosted by *Eyes Like Mine* & *VISTAS Education Partners*

[image: image.jpeg]
Image: screenshot of event flyer that includes the event details, a picture
of Young Ant wearing a red suit with her hair braided and pulled back, and
a photo of the cover page of the book, Hip Hop Speaks to Children
--
Monique Coleman, TVI
President, VISTAS Education Partners

​Warmly,
Email: president at nfbnj.org
*Website: **www.nfbnj.org* <http://www.nfbnj.org/>
*Facebook: **https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238*
<https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238>
*Twitter: **@NFBNewJersey* <https://twitter.com/nfbnewjersey>
*YouTube: **NFBNJTransformDreams*
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKEDbjGsCYHMlwd4gqpBPjg>

*Live the life you want.*
*The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey is a community of
members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s
blind. Everyday we work together to help blind people live the lives they
want.*