[NFBNJ] Correction: Week Ending December 18, 2021 NFBNJ President Melendez Notes, Items of Interest and Dates to Keep in Mind

Linda Melendez president at nfbnj.org
Wed Dec 15 14:22:46 UTC 2021

Greetings all,

I am resending since I had the wrong month in the subject; apologies for
the inconvenience

Hope things are going well as we settle in for a long winter's nap. Happy
holiday season to all and please stay safe! Included in this email are the
following:

   1. Reminder 2022 At-Large and Division membership dues
   2. Reminder 2022 Local Chapter membership dues
   3. Washington Seminar Details
   4. January Town Hall Notice
   5. January Senior Division Book Club Details
   6. Affiliate FaceBook Page
   7. Final chance to visit virtual convention exhibit room
   8. NFBNJ dates to keep in mind
   9. TD Bank is now partnering with Aira

If you would like to submit an event for consideration please send an email
with complete details 14 days prior to the event to Linda Melendez at
president at nfbnj.or <president at nfbnj.orgg>
Reminder 2022 At-Large and Division membership dues

To remain a member or join the At-Large chapter or a division of the
National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey please click on the link
below to complete the desired membership’s form and submit dues payment.
Completing your membership process by December 31, 2021 will ensure the
accuracy and deadline submission of our Membership Connection Database
Roasters to National. All are invited to become a member!

Chapter/Division Membership Forms – National Federation of the Blind of New
Jersey (nfbnj.org)
<https://www.nfbnj.org/chapter-division-membership-forms/>
Reminder 2022 Local Chapter membership dues

To remain a member or join a local chapter of the National Federation of
the Blind of New Jersey please pay your membership dues by December 31,
2021. For chapter president contact information or to learn more about
local chapters click on the link below. Again, all are welcome to join.

Chapters and Divisions – National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey
(nfbnj.org) <https://www.nfbnj.org/chapters-and-divisions/>
Washington Seminar Details

The pandemic is still a concern, and it is difficult to predict what the
situation might be the week of February 7, 2022. As a result, the
Washington Seminar will be held hybrid from Monday, February 7 through
Friday, February 11. Having a hybrid Washington Seminar is the best
solution which means some Congressional meetings will be held in-person and
others are held virtually. Both in-person and virtual groups are essential
to our success in moving our legislative agenda. The Great Gathering-In
will be hybrid on Monday, February 7 from 5 to 7 PM; stay tuned for
participation details.

The NFBNJ will have one group of four members conducting three in-person
appointments while three groups will conduct the remaining appointments via
Zoom; stay tuned for updates.
January Town Hall Notice

Save the date and time of Monday, January 31 at 8 pm as we host our first
2022 Town Hall via Zoom on the NFB and NFBNJ Washington Seminar. John
Pare, Executive
Director, Advocacy and Policy, NFB will share our Washington Seminar
history, Ryan Stevens, NFBNJ Legislative Director will explain all about
our legislative priorities and I will speak about the NFBNJ Delegation.
Time permitting will have a Q&A session; stay tuned for additional
information.
January Senior Division Book Club details