[NFBNJ] Join our next book club set for Wednesday, February 3 at 6 pm

Linda Melendez president at nfbnj.org
Wed Jan 27 12:06:19 UTC 2021

Request for distribution from Jane Degenshein, President, NFBNJ Senior
Division
Submitted by Linda Melendez, President NFBNJ

Our next book club is set for Wednesday, February 3rd  at 6 PM on the NFBNJ
Conference Call line; see details below.

The book chosen is A new day one: trauma, grace, and a young man's journey
from foster care to Yale DB98369; Walker, Rodney J. Reading time: 3 hours,
35 minutes. Read by Steven Carpenter. Psychology and Self-Help

Author shares his experiences growing up on the South Side of Chicago and
being in the foster care system due to his parents' addictions to drugs.
Discusses societal issues which affected his neighborhood and family, his
school situations, and mentors he had along the way. 2016.
Topic: Book Club