[NFBNJ] Saturday, July 10 Convention agenda and important information

Linda Melendez president at nfbnj.org
Sat Jul 10 02:19:25 UTC 2021

Greetings,

Last day of convention and it’s been amazing.  Please review our proposed
resolutions, save the voting number and eligible voters enjoy the privilege
of setting our organizations policies! Looking forward to being in person
next year at New Orleans!

For everything convention related visit our convention webpage at
National Convention | National Federation of the Blind (nfb.org)
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention>
Proposed Resolutions

The official policies of the National Federation of the Blind are
established every year with annual resolutions adopted at the national
convention. Those that pass the Resolution Committee will be considered by
the full convention on July 10. As dues paying members in good standing
this where we exercise our privilege to set policies in our
organization. Please
review the 2021 proposed resolutions
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=22149&qid=5690786> by clicking on
the link below:
www.nfb.org/resolutions
Convention voting number:

667-206-6677
Dial-in Numbers:

408-638-0968 (San Jose)

669-900-6833 (San Jose)

253-215-8782 (Tacoma)

346-248-7799 (Houston)

301-715-8592 (Washington DC)

312-626-6799 (Chicago)

646-876-9923 (New York)

Presidential Suite hours are:
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to12:00 p.m.

Presidential Suite Zoom Meeting ID:
223 517 3348

Presidential Suite Zoom Link:
https://zoom.us/j/2235173348
EXHIBIT HALL

The Exhibit Hall at the national convention is always an exciting space to
check out the latest technology and many other products and services of
interest to the blind community. In a virtual environment, the exhibit hall
experience will be different than it is in person, but there are many ways
to connect, ask questions, and learn something new.

All attendees are encouraged to visit https://crowd.cc/nfb21 (after June
25) where you will find many familiar and some new exhibitors. View their
profiles at any time. Interact during the exhibit hall hours of operation.
A list of exhibitors is available on our convention webpage,
https://nfb.org/convention.

*Exhibit Hall hours of operation are*:
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
INDEPENDENCE MARKET

As with the Exhibit Hall, you cannot visit the NFB Independence Market in
person. However, the Market will continue to accept phone orders during
convention and has extended hours to reflect our multiple-time-zone
convention schedule this year.

*Independence Market hours of operation are*:
Saturday: Closed
Saturday, July 10 10:30 - 11:30 AM—NOPBC IEP LIVE SESSIONS Zoom meeting ID: 414
052 0261 <https://zoom.us/j/4140520261>

Discuss best practices for accommodations, assessments, and service time.
Learn helpful negotiation strategies for the IEP meeting.
Carlton Cook Walker, President
11:00 AM - 12:15 PM—COLORADO CENTER FOR THE BLIND OPEN HOUSE Zoom meeting
ID: 926 9789 2966 <https://zoom.us/j/92697892966>

Have you wondered if you should consider blindness training? Are you ready
to be challenged and take a risk? What is a day of training like? Get the
inside scoop from our vibrant Center staff and dedicated students. Ask
questions and learn some things that may change your life.
Julie Deden, Executive Director
GENERAL SESSION IV Zoom meeting ID: 952 9797 7720
<https://zoom.us/j/95297977720>

*1:00 PM CALL TO ORDER AND INVOCATION*

*1:05 PM FINANCIAL REPORT*

*1:35 PM ELECTIONS*

*2:10 PM RESOLUTIONS*

*4:00 PM ADJOURN*
GENERAL SESSION V Zoom meeting ID: 952 9797 7720
<https://zoom.us/j/95297977720>

*4:30 PM CALL TO ORDER*

*4:35 PM TRANSFORMING AND UNIFYING OUR FUTURE: THE JERNIGAN INSTITUTE
ADVANCES OUR MISSION THROUGH A WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC*
Anil Lewis, Executive Director for Blindness Initiatives, National
Federation of the Blind; Baltimore, Maryland

*4:55 PM TRANSFORMATIVE ACTION IN THE HALLS OF POWER: ADVOCACY AND POLICY
COORDINATED THROUGH ALL LEVELS OF THE MOVEMENT*
John Paré, Jr., Executive Director for Advocacy and Policy, National
Federation of the Blind; Baltimore, Maryland

*5:20 PM LEADING ALONE AND MARCHING TOGETHER: TRANSFORMATIVE ACTION FROM
THE UNITED STATES SENATE*
The Honorable Tammy Duckworth, United States Senate, Illinois

*5:40 PM STRENGTH THROUGH A DIVERSE ORGANIZED BLIND MOVEMENT: THE
INTERSECTION OF CHARACTERISTICS AND THE COMMON BOND OF RAISING
EXPECTATIONS *
Moderator: Colin Wong, Co-Chair, National Federation of the Blind Committee
on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; Phoenix, Arizona
Panelists:
Tasnim Alshuli, Chairperson, NFB Blind Muslim Group; Tucson, Arizona
Doula Jarboe, President, Colorado Association of the Blind, Hard of
Hearing, and Deafblind; Denver, Colorado
Sanho Steele-Louchart, Chairperson, NFB LGBT Group; Norman, Oklahoma
Priscilla Yeung, Manager of Senior Programs, Society for the Blind;
Sacramento, California

*6:20 PM REPORTS AND RESOLUTIONS*

*6:30 PM ADJOURN*
BANQUET Zoom meeting ID: 952 9797 7720 <https://zoom.us/j/95297977720>

*7:30 PM* INVOCATION
MASTER OF CEREMONIES: Pam Allen
INTRODUCTIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
BANQUET ADDRESS: Mark Riccobono
THE THIRTEENTH ANNUAL DR. JACOB BOLOTIN AWARDS
SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS