[NFBNJ] THE FRIENDS OF THE NEW JERSEY LIBRARY NEWSLETTER

Linda Melendez president at nfbnj.org
Tue Nov 16 21:13:52 UTC 2021

THE FRIENDS OF THE NEW JERSEY LIBRARY FOR THE BLIND AND HANDICAPPED, INC.

FALL 2021 NEWSLETTER

Message from the President

Hello Friends of the Library Members,

As it is getting close to time for my next to last meeting as your
president, we must prepare to elect my successor as well as the rest of the
executive board.  I have asked Barbara Finan, Doug Heine and Mary Jo
Partyka to chair the nominating committee for the 2022 elections.  Complete
information is included in this newsletter. Please plan to attend our
meeting to learn the latest on TBBC as well as our upcoming elections.
Please ask your friends and family to attend as well so we can grow our
membership and continue to advocate for our library.

The Friends acknowledge the passing of Joyce Christiansen, long time TBBC
employee and friend to many of us.  The Friends made a donation to TBBC in
her memory.  Please plan to join me on Saturday, December 4th by conference
call. Plus you can help me celebrate my birthday!

Ken Lawrence, President

Meeting Information

Our next meeting will be by phone on December 4th, 2021, at 10 AM dial
605-468-8005.  Enter the access code 425 373#.  You will be asked to press
1 after the access code is repeated correctly.

The 10th Annual TBBC Golf Classic Update

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021, The New Jersey State Library Talking Book &
Braille Center hosted its 10th Annual TBBC Golf Classic at the Bedens Brook
Club in Skillman, NJ.

$5,000 was raised in support of TBBC services and helps pay for items that
our budget cannot.

A special thank you to our generous Sponsors, The Friends of the New Jersey
Library for the Blind & Handicapped, Thomas Edison State University, and
Lear & Pannepacker, LLP, the staff at the Bedens Brook Club, the Golf
Committee and TBBC volunteers.

If you would like more information about becoming involved with the Golf
Committee, please contact Linda Cerce at 800-792-8322 ext. 835 or email
lcerce at njstatelib.org.

Thank you from the TBBC

July 5, 2021

Friends of the New Jersey Library for the Blind & Handicapped

P.O. Box 434

Woodbridge, NJ 07095-0434

Dear Friends,

On behalf of the organizing committee of The 10th Annual TBBC Golf Classic,
I would like to thank you for your Presenting Sponsorship donation of
$1,500. Through your valuable support, the funds we raise allow us to
continue to provide FREE public library services for any New Jersey
resident whose ability to read is affected permanently or temporarily by
low vision, a physical impairment, a reading disability or blindness.

The tournament held on June 15, 2021, at the Bedens Brook Club in Skillman,
NJ was a big success, and in no small measure, due to your generosity. The
weather was perfect for the players to enjoy a fun filled day of golf,
networking, fine dining, awards, prizes and auctions.

As our outing continues to grow, please know that partnerships with our
golfers, sponsors, and donors are vital to our success. We look forward to
working with you again in next year's 11th to Annual TBBC Golf Classic.

Enclosed is a program booklet from the day of the event.

Sincerely,

Adam Szczepaniak

Deputy State Librarian & Director New Jersey State Library

Talking Book & Braille Center

--

Greetings all,

president at nfbnj.org
*www.nfbnj.org* <http://www.nfbnj.org/>
*Facebook: **https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238*
<https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238>
*Twitter: **@NFBNewJersey* <https://twitter.com/nfbnewjersey>
*YouTube: **NFBNJTransformDreams*
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKEDbjGsCYHMlwd4gqpBPjg>

*Live the life you want.*
*The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey is a community of
members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s
blind. Everyday we work together to help blind people live the lives they
want.*