[NFBNJ] NFBNJ: Senior Division Activities for August 2022

Ellen Sullivan ems553 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 28 16:03:24 UTC 2022

>From the Desk of Jane Degenshein, , President, New Jersey Association of
Senior Blind (NJASB)

Submitted by Ellen Sullivan, Affiliate Secretary

Hello All,

Hoping you are enjoying the summer months.

Below are the three  Senior Division sponsored events taking place on Zoom
and the dates for you to join us:

First up is the book club:

1.	The Senior Division sponsored book club slated for Tuesday, August 2
at 9:45 A M

Please read:

Keeping Lucy DB96120

Greenwood, T, (Tammy) Reading time: 8 hours, 47 minutes.
Thérèse Plummer A production of the National Library Service for the Blind
and Physically Handicapped, Library of Congress.

Historical Fiction

Massachusetts, 1969. Ginny Richardson gives birth to a beloved little girl,
Lucy. But Lucy is diagnosed with Down syndrome and, under increasing
pressure from her in-laws, Ginny allows Lucy to be sent away. Two years
later, reports come out about the institution and she fights to keep Lucy.
Unrated. Commercial audiobook. 2019.

2.	 Our third Senior Chat session to be held on Tuesday, August 9 at 11
AM

Please note this time!

We will share about our childhood hobbies, sports, games or just fond
memories with each other to become more familiar with our membership.

3.	And finally the fourth chat session will be held on Tuesday, August
23 at 10 AM

topic to be determined on the previous session.

Come one, come all and enjoy a fun hour with us!

Our Zoom link is the Affiliate’s recurring one

Join Zoom Meeting

 <https://zoom.us/j/6477660103?pwd=MUl1dnZQU1JxMkhUemdCSHZUM21HUT09>
https://zoom.us/j/6477660103?pwd=MUl1dnZQU1JxMkhUemdCSHZUM21HUT09

Meeting ID: 647 766 0103

Passcode: 460994

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,6477660103#,,,,*460994# US (New York)

Dial by your location

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 647 766 0103

Passcode: 460994

Keep Smiling,

Janie Degenshein

Happiness isn't having what you want, but wanting what you already have!

Facilitator of ECHO (Eyes Closed Hearts Open)

state affiliate board member

President of the senior division of the National Federation of the Blind of
New Jersey

to join the senior list serve:

President of the Technology division of the National federation of the Blind
of New Jersey

To join the tech div list serve:

to join in the membership forms for NFBNJ chapters and divisions, go to:

 <https://www.nfbnj.org/chapter-division-membership-forms/>
https://www.nfbnj.org/chapter-division-membership-forms/#

NFBNJ Newsline co-ordinator

 <mailto:jdegen16 at comcast.net> jdegen16 at comcast.net