[NFBNJ] Week Ending June 4, 2022, NFBNJ President Melendez Notes, Items of Interest and Dates to Keep in Mind

Linda Melendez president at nfbnj.org
Sat Jun 4 12:00:00 UTC 2022

Greetings,

Included in this email are the following:

1.   Important news about our NFBNJ Board of Directors

2.   NFBNJ Senior Division Book Club

3.   Updates:

a.   National Convention Pre-Registration Reimbursement Process

b.   Calendar Raffle

4.   NFBNJ Dates to Keep in Mind

If you would like to submit an event for consideration, please send an
email with complete details 14 days prior to the event to Linda Melendez at
president at nfbnj.org <president at nfbnj.orgg>

president at nfbnj.org
www.nfbnj.org
* Facebook: *https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238

Important news about our NFBNJ Board of Directors

With the passing of Joseph Ruffalo and as stated in our constitution
Second Vice President Mary Jo Partyka automatically becomes our First
vice President.  Also, I am pleased to announce that the Board of
Directors have voted to approve two additional appointments to board
seats: Lia Stone as Second Vice President and Clarke King to fill
Lia’s vacant board seat. Lia serves as liaison to the NJ Association of
Blind Students and heads our Scholarship Committee.  She works as
Employment Coordinator in the EDGE transition program for blind high school
students. Clarke, who has had a long professional career in international
finance, is president of the Northeast Chapter of the NFBNJ and Chair of
the Convention Vendor & Sponsorship State Convention Committee and Diabetic
Committee as liaison. He also is a winner of the Jernigan Scholarship for
first-time attendees to this year’s National Convention in New Orleans. On
behalf of our NFBNJ members, congratulations to Mary Jo, Lia and
Clarke on your NEW roles with our NFB family! NFBNJ Senior Division Book
Club