[NFBNJ] Fwd: Updated Schedule for DB Awareness Week!

Linda Melendez president at nfbnj.org
Thu Jun 23 13:19:23 UTC 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Katherine Gabry <katherinegabry at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 8:13 AM
Subject: Updated Schedule for DB Awareness Week!

The picnic celebration at Cheesequake Park last weekend was wonderful - so
good to see people in person again!  Old Bridge Township Mayor Owen Henry
presented us with not one, but three (!) proclamations declaring Helen
Keller DeafBlind Awareness Week: one each from the State of New Jersey, the
County of Middlesex and the Township of Old Bridge. The event was hosted by
the DeafBlind League of New Jersey, The National Federation of the Blind of
New Jersey and DB CAN NJ.

Below is an updated schedule of events for the remainder of our deafblind
awareness month activities. Please share with your networks, and thanks
again for your continued support of New Jersey's deafblind community.

   - *Ongoing thru June 30: *DeafBlind Awareness social media campaign on
   our Facebook page: Deaf Blind Community Access Network of NJ. Each day
   we post a message from a deafblind person sharing something they want
   the larger community to know about being deafblind.
   - * June 26 - July 2: *Helen Keller National Center is offering 4 FREE
   online classes! Use the code following the course name at checkout.
   Questions? Email:  PLD at hknc.org
   -

   ·      *Tech Solutions for Older Adults
   <https://www.helenkeller.org/hknc/class/technology-solutions-older-adults-combined-hearing-and-vision-loss>*
   *:* TechSolutions4683

   ·      *Ensuring Access to Communication
   <https://www.helenkeller.org/hknc/class/ensuring-access-communication-guide-direct-providers-who-are-working-or-interacting>*
   *:* DirectProviders752

   ·      *Assistive Tech in the Workplace
   <https://www.helenkeller.org/hknc/class/assistive-technology-workplace>*
   *:* AssistiveTechFREE937

   ·      *Equal Access and Participation:
   <https://www.helenkeller.org/hknc/class/ensuring-equal-access-and-participation>*
    EnsuringAccess8345
   - *June 27: *New Jersey Commission for the Blind celebrates DeafBlind
   Awareness Week. Program highlights: Presentation of New Jersey's DeafBlind
   Awareness Week Proclamation to DB CAN, announcement of the 2022 scholarship
   awards and a virtual screening of the PBS special, "Becoming Helen
Keller." Join
   Zoom Webinar Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87438454441
   - *July 2: *Classic Bingo for deafblind players,10:30 a.m. - noon
   (virtual): to sign up, email dbcannj at gmail.com
   - *July 9: *Visit DB CAN NJ at Jon Gabry's booth at the music and arts
   festival Maplewoodstock (in Maplewood). Jon will donate 1/2 of his sales to
   DB CAN NJ for the provision of accessibility

president at nfbnj.org
www.nfbnj.org
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238