[Nfbo-announce] Member's Seminar

President carla at mainstreetmontessori.org
Thu Jan 30 21:36:23 UTC 2014

National Federation of the Blind of Oregon
Member's Seminar

Sat and Sun,  March 1 & 2
The Hampton Inn and Suites, Salem Oregon

Sessions will begin on Saturday at noon, and we will work Sunday until 2:00 PM.

This year we will focus on the planning and organization of the NFB BELL Program, to be held in Portland the end of July and the beginning of August.  The NFB BELL Program is a day camp for kids ages 4 to 12, that incorporates Braille, cane travel, and positive philosophies about blindness, in a fun and exciting schedule of activities.

There are lots of opportunities for members to be involved in the program.  Here are some of the things we will be looking for assistance with from members and friends:

* Arranging field trips
* Helping with field trips
* Making games and other materials
* Working with parents
* Reading Braille books to children
* Simple O & M lessons
* Organizing or providing transportation
* Finding food donations for snacks/lunches
* Recruiting children for the program
* Supervising play and activities

We will want to know the  particular interests and skills that you wish to bring to the program, so please be thinking about it before you come.

Room Rates: $83/night + tax (includes breakfast)
Meal Package: $25 for 2 lunches and dinner.

Please make your room reservations through the state office by February 20th.

For questions or to make a reservation, contact Carla at:

Phone: 541-653-9153
email: president at nfb-oregon.org

Carla McQuillan
President, NFB of Oregon