[NFBO-Linn-benton] NFB Chapter Highlights

Kristen Jocums kjocums at icloud.com
Tue Dec 4 23:00:58 UTC 2018

Highlights from November 2018 Chapter meeting:

1.  Guest conversations:

The Linn-Benton Chapter of the NFB thanks Steve from Dial A Bus for engaging
in a dialogue about the use of comfort animals by it’s drivers and how it
affects customers.  We commend Dial A Bus for its commitment to first rate
service as shown by its willingness to engage with customers and explore
options for mutual understanding and desireable outcomes.

2.   Chapter business

  a.  Dark café in October – we achieved our educational goal; we will
discuss other ways to reach out at our next Chapter meeting

3.  National and state news – we’re getting ready for the legislative season
and planning for members’ seminar; Arona will share National news from the
Presidential Release at our next business meeting in January

4.  Upcoming events:

  a.  Chapter Holiday party – December 15 at 5:30 at the Gardner’s home.
Bring a potluck dish.  Families welcome.  Email kjocums at icloud.com for
address and /or ride

b.  Chapter elections and $5 dues payments– January 28 at 6 at New Morning
Bakery

  c.  Member’s seminar March 9-11 in Salem w/ legislative session

Kristen Jocums, J.D.

(Chapter President)

Mediator and Parent Coordinator

Peaceful Family Solutions, LLC