[NFBO-Linn-benton] NFB Chapter Highlights

Carolyn Gardner carolyn.gardner at viewplus.com
Tue Dec 4 23:06:33 UTC 2018

Kristen,

Is it a potluck or just a potluck for the sides and me making spaghetti?

Carolyn

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 5, 2018, at 07:01, Kristen Jocums via NFBO-Linn-benton <nfbo-linn-benton at nfbnet.org<mailto:nfbo-linn-benton at nfbnet.org>> wrote:

Highlights from November 2018 Chapter meeting:

1.  Guest conversations:
The Linn-Benton Chapter of the NFB thanks Steve from Dial A Bus for engaging in a dialogue about the use of comfort animals by it’s drivers and how it affects customers.  We commend Dial A Bus for its commitment to first rate service as shown by its willingness to engage with customers and explore options for mutual understanding and desireable outcomes.

2.   Chapter business
  a.  Dark café in October – we achieved our educational goal; we will discuss other ways to reach out at our next Chapter meeting

3.  National and state news – we’re getting ready for the legislative season and planning for members’ seminar; Arona will share National news from the Presidential Release at our next business meeting in January

4.  Upcoming events:
  a.  Chapter Holiday party – December 15 at 5:30 at the Gardner’s home.  Bring a potluck dish.  Families welcome.  Email kjocums at icloud.com<mailto:kjocums at icloud.com> for address and /or ride
b.  Chapter elections and $5 dues payments– January 28 at 6 at New Morning Bakery
  c.  Member’s seminar March 9-11 in Salem w/ legislative session

Kristen Jocums, J.D.
(Chapter President)
Mediator and Parent Coordinator

Peaceful Family Solutions, LLC