[NFBO-Linn-benton] February minutes

sally sallycu998 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 23:47:47 UTC 2021

Thank you Carolyn for pointing out the boo-boo with the previous attachment
or the February minutes.

Sally

Linn-Benton Chapter Minutes;  February 22 , 2021

Zoom Meeting; 6:30pm

Present at the meeting were;

Kristen Jocums, Andrea Barnhurst, John Gardner, Carolyn Gardner, Sally Utt,
Greg Korper

DISABILITY EQUITY CENTER

Alison Hobgood joined us this evening to talk with us about the Disability
Equity Center (DEC).  This organization has been created to fill gaps around
disability services in the mid Willamette Valley, and operates across
various disabilities.  The aim of the DEC is to;

1.Promote disability pride and culture; and at some point become a physical
Center

2. Network and systems navigation;  help with direct service navigation;
function as a hub to help people get connected with the services they need

3. Community education and outreach

*How can DEC work with us as members of the blind community?

One thing we can do is to share with Dec, legislative issues when they come
up.

Anyone who is interested can sign up to get the Disability Justice
Newslettr, or/and join the DEC listserve.

MINUTES

John moved to approve the January minutes, and Andrea seconded the motion,
and the minutes were approved

TREASURER'S REPORT

There was no activity in the account over the past month, so the balance
remains at $2,497.64.

Sally moved to accept the Treasurer's Report, and Gregg seconded the motion,
and the Treasurer's Report was accepted.

BUSINESS

1.Accessability of City and County Forms

John has found that neither the County Covid Questionnaire or the
Dial-A-Ride Questionnaire are screen reader accessible. He has written a
letter concerning this and sent it around to the Mayor, the County
Commissioner, and maybe others. He reminds us that these things won't change
unless we speak out about these barriers to our rights.

2.GUEST TO CHAPTER MEETING IN APRIL

We agreed to invite a guest to our April meeting. This person is a nurse who
works with patients who have Non 24 Disorder. She reached out to Kristen to
ask if she could come and talk with us about this at our Chapter meeting In
April

3.SALEM and MEMBERS SEMINARS

Salem Seminar will not be held this year, and we still do not know if there
will be a Members Seminar.  Keep a look out for email info about this.

4.MASK PROJECT

There has been 0 activity on the Face Mask Project. John will talk with
Steve Harter again about having the Dial-A-Ride drivers pass along our
flyers.

NEXT MEETING

We will meet next on Monday March 22, at 6:30, on Zoom.

Respectfully submitted,

Sally Utt