[NFBofAlaska] FW: Support group topics for September

lucas.bonnie at gmail.com lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 04:38:54 UTC 2020

Subject: Support group topics for September

Alaska Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired September 2020 Support
Group Topics

We have lots going on in the month of September. We invite everyone from all
over the state who experiences vision loss. Come join and share your
knowledge and increase your knowledge!
Here are the topics:

*       September 2, Sowerdough bread baking. If you haven't heard, lots of
folks have adopted this new hobby during Covid Hunker Down time. . We've
invited Karen Anderson, the education director from the National Federation
of the blind, , to come and share just what she has learned and experienced
with sourdough baking throughout her lock-down time.

*        September 9: If you haven't heard, there are lots of "not-so-nice,"
people waiting to scam any unsuspecting person out of as much money as they
possibly can. Some of their main targets are older people and folks with
disabilities. Please come and learn how you can avoid becoming a victim of a
scam.

*       September 16: The month of September is preparedness month. This is
something I did not know until recently. Join us as we talk about how to be
better prepared for most emergencies. Your ideas are welcome. Typically on
the last week of support group, we have an open forum so if there is
something you'd like to talk about, send me a note or call to make sure it
can be planned for in October.

*       Here is the zoom information:

Center Support Group:
Topic: Alaska Center For the Blind and Visually Impaired, Living Well With
Vision Loss
Time: First three Wednesdays of the month, 1:00 PM

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86818066187

Meeting ID: 868 1806 6187
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,86818066187# US (Houston)

Bonnie Lucas, MS, CVRT, MSW
Braille and Technology Instructor, VISA Coordinator Equipping Alaskans for
Success Alaska Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
3903 Taft Drive
Anchorage, Alaska  99517
Phone: (907) 248-7770    Direct: (907) 771-4306
www.alaskabvi.org       www.facebook.com/alaskabvi

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D38583.D76D9790]

The Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Call or visit our website
to learn more about how our work transforms lives.
This message contains information that may be confidential or privileged. If
you are not the intended recipient, copying or distribution of any of its
contents is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, kindly
contact the sende

https://www.avg.com