[NFBofAlaska] All State NFB Meeting and Alaska Center Support Group this week

lucas.bonnie at gmail.com lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 08:31:02 UTC 2020

Greetings to All,,

This note is to remind everyone that the Center will e having a support
group this Wednesday at 1:00 PM via Zoom. Here is the link and phone number.
You can use the link with your phone or computer provided you have the Zoom
App installed. If you have not installed the app on your phone or computer,
you may receive a message that Zoom would like your permission to be
downloaded. Say yes and you will also need to give Zoom permission to use
your microphone and camera. If you have any questions about it, please let
me know.

If you prefer to dial in on either a land line or your cell phone, you may
do that. On an iPhone, or Android, , select  the number directly below where
your phone says, "One Tap Mobile. If using a landline, you will need to put
in all the numbers. Don't put the code in until after you hear the voice
telling you that you need to put in your code. So, here is the link for the
Center support group:

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86818066187

Meeting ID: 868 1806 6187

One tap mobile

+13462487799,,86818066187# US (Houston)

Now for the link to join the All State NFB Meeting on Saturday. Before
posting it, I would like to invite everyone to come and see just what the
NFB is about. We are a dynamic organization focused on collective action to
better the lives of the blind. . On October 23 and 24, we will have a
virtual state convention and we are going to be talking about it at our
meeting on Saturday afternoon

at 1:00 PM. Our agenda will also include a discussion about voting in
November's National election.

Our convention is free and will be virtual. If you have some ideas that you
would like to share about something you think should happen at convention,
come to our September Saturday meeting virtually, or call me with your
ideas. Here is the Zoom information:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2251408820

Meeting ID: 225 140 8820

One tap mobile

+12532158782,,2251408820# US (Tacoma)

+13462487799,,2251408820# US (Houston)

We will be joined at our state convention by Anil Lewis, director of
Initiatives at the National Center located in Baltimore. If you have not
heard Anil speak, you are in for a treat. Anil has been a mentor for me as
he was the State President in Georgia when I lived there from 2007-2010. His
story of his blindness and learning of the NFB and how it gave him the
courage to become the person he is today is empowering and continues to
inspire me many years later!

To register for our State Convention, click the following link:

https://alaskanfb.org/2020-alaska-state-convention/

You must be registered to win a door prize, there will be door prizes! We
will also be electing a new board and you must be a member in good standing
to participate in the elections.

If you would like to browse the website, go here <https://alaskanfb.org/> .
Thanks to Michael Lauf, our tireless webmaster, it is wonderful and full of
helpful information.

See you soon, virtually!

Bonnie

Bonnie Lucas,

President,

National Federation of the Blind of Alaska

907-301-6808

nfbofalaska at gmail.com <mailto:nfbofalaska at gmail.com>

https://alaskanfb.org/

blindness is not what holds you back.