[NFBofAlaska] High importance: Very Sad News...

Candy Powell akcandyp at yahoo.com
Mon May 31 08:48:35 UTC 2021

Well said, Pam.

Candy Powell
Anchorage, Alaska

Sent from my iPad Pro

On May 30, 2021, at 1:30 PM, P VH via NFBofAlaska <nfbofalaska at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Bonnie;

This is so sad; prayers & thoughts for his family. Very nice man from the times I had talked with him. He will sadly be missed. God gained another great angel.

Sincerely,
Pam Van Hoozer

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 30, 2021, at 11:32, Bonnie Lucas via NFBofAlaska <nfbofalaska at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>

> Hello to All,
>
> Due to our traveling, I have sorely neglected to get this information out to our mailing list. I apologize for this oversight.
>
> About 1 ½ weeks ago, Tom Torvie, one of our newer members, suffered a major stroke. Sadly, he passed away last Tuesday. I will let you know more about remembering him. Tom and his band, the Nuther Brothers played for our last Chili Night in February fund raiser and their music was loved by all. We will miss Tom deeply.
>
> Tom has also been instrumental in gathering support for finding a way to get the state of Alaska to fund newsLine. We will continue to do what we can to make this happen. If you are interested in helping, please let me know and we can include you as we work towards this lofty goal!
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Bonnie
>
> Bonnie Lucas
> President
> National Federation of the Blind of Alaska
> Cell: 907-301-6808
> Email: lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
>
> Web: alaskanfb.org
> The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.
>
> [Delegate-BML]

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for NFBofAlaska:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbofalaska_nfbnet.org/akcandyp%40yahoo.com