[NFBofAlaska] Beautiful opportunity to help the blind and visually Impaired people of Ukraine!

lucas.bonnie at gmail.com lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 04:39:06 UTC 2022

Hello Friends,

As we know, war is brutal for all, and particularly for people with
disabilities.

Jonathon Mosen, a blind podcaster, author, New Zealand radio personality and
more, has spear-headed an effort to provide financial aid to blind
Ukrainians . This aid will be in the form of a concert, performers coming
from a world-wide blind community. You may send a very good recording of
your musical talents, or plan on listening and giving whatever large or
small amount of money that you can spare. The concert will be on April 16 at
10:00 AM Alaska time. To learn more, I invite you to click on this link

We're With u. Blind performing artists' Virtual Benefit Concert for blind
Ukrainians on 16 April | Mushroom FM <https://mushroomfm.com/withyou>

Directly from the webpage:

"We're With U. Blind performing artists' Virtual Benefit Concert for blind
Ukrainians on 16 April

Welcome

On 24 February, Russian forces invaded Ukraine. The death toll is mounting.
Families have been torn apart as some seek refuge in other countries, while
others stay to fight for their country's freedom.

One of the consequences of war is that it results in life-changing
impairments, including blindness. Another is that war leaves those who are
already blind vulnerable and at risk.

The situation has made many of us feel helpless and heartsick. But there are
things we can do, ways we can help.

On Saturday 16 April at 2 PM Eastern time in North America, 7 PM in the UK,
that's Sunday morning at 4 AM in Eastern Australia, 6 AM in New Zealand, the
global online blind community is joining together for We're With U, a
benefit concert to help blind people who have been affected by the
atrocities in Ukraine.

If you're a blind performing artist, you know that music has power. This is
your chance to perform to a worldwide audience while lending a helping hand
to those who desperately need your help. If you appreciate great music in a
range of styles, this is your chance to listen to some of the best the blind
community has to offer, while also donating to support blind Ukrainians.

Every cent raised will reach organizations assisting blind Ukrainians,
thanks to our partnership with the World Blind Union's Unity Fund. World
Blind Union is the global organization representing the estimated 253
million persons who are blind or partially sighted worldwide. They are
working actively with organizations in the area who are providing support to
Ukraine. With their support, you can be sure that the generous donation you
make will go to a project that makes a difference.

We also thank the National Federation of the Blind for their considerable
moral, infrastructural and communications support for this project."

So, check it out and plan on listening to this incredible show.

Warmest Regards,

Bonnie Lucas
President
National Federation of the Blind of Alaska
Cell: 907-301-6808

Email: lucas.bonnie at gmail.com <mailto:lucas.bonnie at gmail.com>

Web: alaskanfb.org <https://alaskanfb.org/>
blindness is not what holds you back.