[NFBofAlaska] High Importance, Reminder August NFB of Alaska monthly meeting

lucas.bonnie at gmail.com lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 13:20:17 UTC 2022

Greetings to All,

You are invited to join us this Saturday, August 13  at 1:00 at the Alaska
Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired for our monthly meeting. We will
also be on Zoom. The link will be in the last paragraph of this email.

With the unexpected death of Congressman Don Young, Alaskans are
experiencing several opportunities to cast their ballot, and this has not
proved particularly easy for folks who are blind or low vision. For this
reason, the United States Department of Justice is sending a team to
investigate. I have invited them to attend our meeting and talk to anyone
who would like to share their voting story. If you have had an experience
that you would like to share regarding difficulties casting a ballot and
cannot attend our meeting, please let me know so we can arrange for you to
chat with Elizabeth Johnson from the DOJ.

I hope you were able to take a glance at the Braille Monitor email that was
sent out earlier this week. If you have thought about something in this
issue, you are invited to come and share those with us. Katie and I will
also share some of our thoughts and experiences regarding our National
Convention held in New Orleans in July.

Please add November 4 and 5 to your calendar as this is the weekend when we
will be having our NFB of Alaska State Convention. Stay tuned for
Registration information coming in the first couple weeks of September. We
are planning a live event, though there will be a streaming option if you
are unable to join in person.

Here is the connecting information for Saturdays meeting:

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87422712687?pwd=UmJjSkM3aEdSOFlVYWJiRTgwSUd4Zz09

Meeting ID: 874 2271 2687

Passcode: 255025

One tap mobile+16699006833,,87422712687#

Bonnie Lucas
President
National Federation of the Blind of Alaska
Cell: 907-301-6808

Email: lucas.bonnie at gmail.com <mailto:lucas.bonnie at gmail.com>

Web: alaskanfb.org <https://alaskanfb.org/>
blindness is not what holds you back.