[Nfbofsc] Columbia Chapter Newsletter - Special Edition

NFBSC Office nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Tue Apr 15 14:05:37 UTC 2014

Columbia Chapter Newsletter - Special Edition

April 15 - Barbecue update

          Congratulations to everyone who canvassed!  Here are the canvassing results:

Tuesday, April 8 -         14 canvassers, 122 tickets sold & $139.00 in donations

Thursday, April 10 -      17 canvassers, 124 tickets sold & $211.50 in donations

Monday, April 14 -        17 canvassers, 141 tickets sold & $500.50 in donations

Total canvassing =       387 tickets sold & $851.00 in donations

          Thanks to all those who put together delivery boxes, prepared and served canvas meals and got people to and from the Federation Center to canvas.  Great job!

          The chapter is now calling everyone to get the number of tickets you have sold to date or the number you expect to sell by the date of the barbecue.  We need this information to estimate the total number of dinners to order.  If you do not get a call by Thursday, April 17, please either call Steve Sheck at 791-8407 or Dorothy Barksdale at 765-1622.  This is important.  In the meantime, please keep working on your ticket sales.  We still have barbecue posters to hang up if you could still use some at the Federation Center.

          As we approach the barbecue day on April 24, we need you to call the Federation Center at 254-3777 to get your barbecue delivery orders in.  A delivery counts as 15 or more dinners to be delivered within a 10 mile radius of the Federation Center.  This is the information we will need from you by Monday, April 21 concerning deliveries:  Your name, your phone number, how many dinners to be delivered, to whom, name, address and phone number of business, what time dinners are to be delivered, and any special instructions concerning the delivery.  David Houck will take delivery orders and pass them along to Julie Bible who will coordinate the delivery process.  If you have drivers to deliver dinners, please contact Steve Sheck.

          Steve Sheck will coordinate the delivery of food to the Center for the serving line which will save the chapter at least $200.  By the way, if you still have not turned in your barbecue supplies pledge, please do so to help offset the cost of supplies.  If you plan to work the day of the barbecue, contact Isaiah Nelson at 413-2434, especially if you did not turn in your name at the chapter meeting.  The more we have working the day of the barbecue, the faster work will go.  Ike also needs to know who to assign to what task in the kitchen and serving line area.  We need volunteers as early as 8:00 a.m. and to work as late as 8:00 p.m.  Let Ike know what hours you will be there.  Dorothy Barksdale will have a sign up sheet to sign when you come to volunteer the day of the barbecue.

          We are very excited about our 61st annual barbecue as I know you are.  Just think, the hard work on everyone's part will enable the chapter to meet its budget and also assist its members with conventions, meetings, trips to Rocky Bottom, assist the Federation Center, the NFB of SC, the NFB and Rocky Bottom as well.  We still have another week to go so let's do our best to make the barbecue to do well!

Steve Sheck, President

Columbia Chapter, NFB of SC