[Nfbofsc] Fw: In loving memory of Lucille Hemmingway

NFBSC Office nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Thu Apr 17 12:32:00 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: Debra Canty
To: NFB Federation Center
Cc: debracanC2 at frontier.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 11:13 PM
Subject: In loving memory of Lucille Hemmingway

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

To the family of the late, Lucille Hemmingway.

     Whereas, we, the officers and members of the Sumter Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind feel it is befitting to express our condolences and offer prayers.

     WHEREAS, Lucille Hemmingway was a long time member of the NFB and she was an active attendee and a regular participant of the organization on a local, state and national level.

     WHEREAS, she was a person who had a willingness to help with the social events of her chapter and participated on enhancing the quality of life for the blind.  Lucille was a firm believer of the philosophy of the NFB and she would perform any tasks and instilled in her fellow federationists to follow her example. She loved her federation family and all those that she came in contact with and a gentle, yet stern combination which only she possessed.

     Whereas, she served as a social event coordinator for some activities in the NFB Columbia Chapter.

     WHEREAS, not only is this a earthly separation of a devoted member, but also a confident counselor and a friend to all and especially her federation family as well. A person who was always available to share an encouraging word and demonstrate strong support.

     WHEREAS, the passing of our beloved Sister is the will of God and there is a human tie that has been broken within the NFB family which bleeds the heart in agony and pain. We are encouraged in the word, "Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you." Psalms 55:22
     THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that we embrace the family with love and prayers.

     Therefore, be it FURTHER RESOLVED that God will continue to give you peace, comfort, understanding, joy, encouragement in your days ahead. Lucille's legacy will live on and her memory will last forever in the hearts of many and especially yours.

Prayerfully submitted by-

Debra Canty, Pres.

The National Federation of the Blind-Sumter Chapter

P. O. Box 641

Sumter, South Carolina 29151

(803) 775-5792

DebraCanC2 at frontier.com