[Nfbofsc] Orlando Convention Bus Letter

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Fri Jan 2 16:28:10 UTC 2015

January 2, 2015

Memo To:     All Members of the NFB of SC

From: Parnell Diggs, President

RE:      2015 Orlando Bus Trip

Dear Fellow Federationists:

            Because of the efforts of a dedicated statewide Federation
membership who are selling bus tickets, the NFB of SC is chartering
transportation for the upcoming National Convention.  Thus, travel will be
very affordable to all dues paying members on a first-come, first-served
basis.  To avoid unnecessary complications, everyone is requested to be
reasonably positive before making reservations that you will be riding the
bus, as "no shows" cause problems and unnecessary expenses. However, let's
fill the buss!  The bus will leave from the Federation Center of the Blind
in Columbia for            Orlando at 8:00 A.M. on Sunday, July 5, and will
return following the Convention at 8:00 A.M. on July 11.

            There will also be other stops to accommodate those who live in
other parts of the state if we raise sufficient funds to meet the additional
cost.  It is important that we sell our $1 tickets before the Statewide
Seminar on January 31, 2015.

            Please list your name and the name of your chapter or division,
as this will help us keep more accurate records.  It will be necessary for
each member to make a $70 payment for the bus trip in order for the bus
reservations to be valid.

For 2015 convention room reservations you should write directly to the Rosen
Centre Hotel, 9840 International Drive, Orlando, Florida 32819. You can call
the hotel at (800) 204-7234 after January 1. The hotel will want a deposit
of $95 for each room and will want a credit card number or a personal check.
If you use a credit card, the deposit will be charged against your card
immediately, just as would be the case with a $95 check. If a reservation is
cancelled before May 28, 2015, half of the deposit will be returned.
Otherwise refunds will not be made.

All room occupants must register for the convention.  Remember, check the
appropriate space below and promptly mail it to the NFB of SC, 119 S.
Kilbourne Rd., Columbia, SC 29205.    Don't forget to send your $70 per
person bus payment (which is non-transferable and non-refundable), so let's
be sure you definitely plan to make the trip.  Please understand that only
members whose State dues have been paid in a timely fashion will be eligible
to ride the bus.

Cut and detach here:

--------------------

2015 National Convention

If you plan to attend the national convention, please check the following:

___ I plan to attend the convention and will ride the bus.

___ I plan to attend the convention but will provide my own transportation.

Name:

Address:

City, State, Zip:

Chapter/Division Name:

Names of others riding the bus: Reservation fee = $70 X number riding the
bus

_____ Number attending the national convention

Mail in to:

NFB of SC