[Nfbofsc] Statewide Seminar letter

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Fri Jan 2 16:28:18 UTC 2015

January 2, 2015

Memo To:     All Members of the NFB of SC

From: Parnell Diggs, President

Re:                  2015 Statewide Seminar

Dear Fellow Federationists:

Happy New Year!  Saturday, January 31, 2015, is only a few weeks away.  Our
45th annual Statewide Seminar will be held on Saturday, January 31, at the
Federation Center of the Blind in Columbia and will get underway at 10:00
a.m. sharp.  Lunch will be served at no cost to you.  This year, we will be
holding an auction throughout the day to raise money for the Federation
Center.  Bring your best cakes, pies, gift baskets, electronics, etc. to
support our programs at the State Office.  The Seminar will end by 4:00 p.m.

            An interesting and informative program is planned.  If you have
any special requests concerning the Seminar, please contact me at
843-492-7411 or at the Federation Center of the Blind at 803-254-3777
keeping in mind that, to give me time to implement your ideas, you should
get in touch with me well in advance of the Seminar.

            All Chapter and Division Presidents are urged to work for
maximum turnout.  If you plan to attend the Seminar, please check the
appropriate space on the bottom of this letter, sign it and return it to the
NFB of SC, 119 S. Kilbourne Rd., Columbia, SC 29205 immediately so that we
will know how many are attending in order to prepare the proper amount of
food.

            It will be very helpful if you mail your Convention Bus Tickets
and money to the Federation Center of the Blind, 119 S. Kilbourne Rd.,
Columbia, SC 29205 by January 17 or bring them with you the day of the
Seminar.  Remember, we must sell the Bus Tickets in order to cover the cost
of the chartered bus.  At the Seminar, a total of $900 in prizes will be
given concerning the Convention bus trip.  The seller of the winning ticket
will receive $300, the buyer of the winning ticket will receive $300, and
the Chapter or Division selling

the most tickets will receive $300.  Should your name be drawn, and if you
are both the seller and buyer of the winning ticket, you will hit the
jackpot for $600 - it has happened before!

            Remember, state membership dues are $10 per person and were due
on January 1, 2015.  If you have not already paid your dues, please do so
promptly.  Your dues must be paid by January 31 to keep your membership in
good standing.  Each Chapter and Division is responsible for collecting
state dues and mailing them to the Federation Center of the Blind, including
name, address and phone number and whether the member is a blind voting or
sighted associate member.  Let's go ahead and pay our state dues now and get
it behind us.

            I am looking forward to seeing all of you at the Seminar on
Saturday, January 31.  Please don't delay in checking, signing and returning
the information requested below to us to help in our planning.

Cut and detach here:

---------------------------------------

January 31, 2015 Statewide Seminar

Please check the following:

___ I plan to attend            ___ I will be unable to attend

Address:

City, State, Zip:

Telephone:

Number of those coming with you:  ______

Please return to:     NFB of SC before Jan. 17 to

NFB of SC

119 S. Kilbourne Rd.

Columbia, SC 29205