[Nfbofsc] Transportation Access and Experiences

Steve Cook STCook at sccb.sc.gov
Fri Oct 23 14:04:56 UTC 2015

Invitation to participate in a survey to improve understanding of accessibility of public transportation for people with disabilities

Community and Work Participation Disparities for People with Disabilities
A Program of the Americans with Disabilities Act Participatory Action Research Consortium
(ADA-PARC)

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this email!
We would like to invite you to participate in a national survey titled, Transportation Access and Experiences, which is designed to improve understanding of accessibility of public transportation for people with disabilities. This survey is being conducted by the ADA Participation Action Research Consortium (ADA-PARC), a collaborative research project of seven ADA Regional Centers (PIs: Lex Frieden and Joy Hammel) This project focuses on community living, community participation & work/economic participation disparities of people with disabilities (For more information, visit the website: www.adaparc.org ). We would like to improve our understanding on transportation access of people with disabilities and use this information to make improvements at regional and national levels.

We are very interested in receiving as many responses as possible from people with disabilities based on their personal experiences with public transportation. Please feel free to share the survey with potentially interested entities. The results will serve as crucial evidence to support improvements to accessible transportation. If you have any questions or comments regarding this survey, please contact Jill Bezyak from the Rocky Mountain ADA Center at jill.bezyak at unco.edu
Please use the link below to access and complete the survey:
https://unco.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_00wcGeTOzGL2lQ9

Sincerely,

Jill Bezyak, Ph.D., CRC
Associate Professor
Human Rehabilitative Services
School of Human Sciences
University of Northern Colorado

July is Fireworks Safety Month. Eye injuries from fireworks can be traumatic. Prevent Blindness America estimates that there are over 2000 eye related injuries caused by fireworks each year. The South Carolina Commission for the Blind encourages you to use caution around fireworks. Let the professionals handle them! For more information about how the SC Commission for the Blind can help you or a loved one, please visit us at www.sccb.state.sc.us or give us a call at 803-898-8731.