[Nfbofsc] Meet the Blind Month

Steve & Shannon Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Sat Oct 6 23:53:17 UTC 2018

The National Federation of the Blind celebrates Meet the Blind Month every
October.

Throughout the month, we spread the message that blind people can live the
lives we want by conducting a variety of outreach activities. Many of these
activities center on White Cane Awareness Day, which is October 15.

These activities also create opportunities for sighted people to meet blind
people in their communities, and to recognize that we are vital,
contributing members of society.

The Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of SC will have
our 3rd annual Step it up Walk for the meet the blind month on Saturday,
October 14, 2017.  This great event will take place at the Drew Wellness
Center outside track located at 2101 Walker Solomon Way, Columbia, SC.
Registration is from 8:30 to 9:00 and the walk will begin at 9:00.  The low
cost to take part in this event is only$20!  Be sure to bring a friend,
neighbor or another family member to enjoy this great event!  We look
forward to a large turnout for meet the blind month!  If you have any
questions, give President Tiffiny Mitchell a call at (803) 603-2098.

Steve Cook

District 2 State Board Member of the NFB of SC

1st Vice President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the NFB
of SC

1st Vice President of the Columbia Chapter of the NFB of SC