[Nfbofsc] Reduced air fare cost and date changes on deposits since Positive Note

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Wed Sep 12 18:13:13 UTC 2018

September 12, 2018

Memo To:  NFB of SC Membership

From:  Frank Coppel, President

Re:  2019 NFB Las Vegas National Convention Trip

              I am sure most of you have heard by now, that the 2019 NFB
National Convention will be held in Las Vegas, Nevada at the Mandalay Resort
hotel next year from July 7-12, 2019.  At the NFB of SC Board of Directors
meeting held during the state convention, I appointed a committee chaired by
Tiffiny Mitchell to investigate ways how the state organization could best
financially assist our members to attend the 2019 National convention.
Thursday evening, September 6, a teleconference meeting was held and Tiffiny
presented the following information to the more than twenty people who were
on the conference call.  The date we will be flying to Las Vegas will be
Saturday, July 6, 2019 and we will be returning from Las Vegas on Saturday,
July 13, 2019.  Currently, the group rate for a round trip, nonstop ticket
on American Airlines from Charlotte to Las Vegas is $342 which includes
taxes and fees.  A minimum of ten people are needed to qualify for a group
rate.  Because seats on flights were going quickly, Tiffiny felt we needed
to sign a contract with American Airlines as soon as possible.  For this
reason, she is planning to sign a contract with American Airlines on
September 14, 2018.  Once Tiffiny signs a contract, individuals will have
fourteen days to make a $50 deposit to reserve and hold their seat.  The
deadline to pay your $50 deposit is September 28, 2018.  Airline tickets
must be paid in full ($342) to American Airlines no later than June 6, 2019.
To assist members financially, the NFB of SC will provide transportation to
qualified individuals from Columbia to the Charlotte airport and from the
Las Vegas airport to the hotel.  If you want further information regarding
these arrangements, feel free to contact Tiffiny Mitchell at (803) 603-2098.
Let's do all we can to have a maximum turnout of South Carolinians in Las
Vegas next year for our national convention!