[NFBofSC] AIRA

Steve & Shannon Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Thu Aug 15 00:52:36 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I got the below information from Michael Hingson's Face Book post!

I have said often that @Aira is an absolute game-changer for all blind and
low vision persons. Today @AIRA io took a major step forward in making our
services available to all by instituting a free level of service. Check out
the announcement below. If you are blind and do not subscribe to AIRA , now
you can sign up as a guest and use Aira for free! If you are an @AIRA
explorer you now get part of every contact for free. See the announcement
below and join the #independence wave.

The day we've all been waiting for is finally here.

Aira is free. Everywhere and at any time.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Aira. Is. Free.

Starting today, you can make short calls to Aira agents for free - every
day. So, whenever you're doing those small, daily tasks where a little
information can save you a lot of time, we've got you covered.

We know, we can hardly believe it ourselves.

There's no catch

So long as the call is relatively quick (5 minutes), it's free! Just make
sure you have the latest version of the app on your phone. As this is an
early version of the service, we ask for some patience if you come across
any hiccups along the way, or if we end up making some minor tweaks further
down the line. We're so excited to get this out into the world that we just
couldn't wait any longer! The important thing to remember is that Aira is
now free, and will always be free.

Want to learn more?

The best way to learn is to do! Use the Aira app and connect with an agent -
you can ask all your questions and it won't cost you a thing.

If you're not on a plan

That's great! You can now make short calls to Aira agents for free, every
day and everywhere. You're no longer limited to using Aira in just Access
Locations or with Access Offers (although those are still great to use if
you want to do something that will take more time, like explore a museum).

If you're on a plan

That's great too! You can use your free daily short calls to help make your
plan minutes stretch further. As the first 5 minutes of every call is free,
you can now use your plan minutes whenever you're doing anything that may
take more time.

Did we mention that Aira is free?

Connect with an agent now and start saving time. You have nothing to lose -
literally!

Steve Cook

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LddWwCJNPHI> Click here to view the PSA
for the National Federation of the Blind of SC

 <http://www.nfbofsc.org> www.nfbofsc.org

 <https://m.facebook.com/NatFedofSouthCarolina/> Follow the National
Federation of the Blind of SC On Face Book

 <http://www.rockybottomofsc.com/index/index.php> www.RockyBottomofSC.com

 <https://m.facebook.com/RockyBottomofSC/> Follow Rocky Bottom Retreat &
Conference Center on Face Book

<https://m.facebook.com/Computer-Science-Technology-Division-of-the-NFB-of-S
C-343263089815304/> Follow the Computer Science & Technology Division of SC
on Face Book

District 2 NFB of SC State Board Member

1st Vice President of the Columbia Chapter of the NFB of SC

1st Vice President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the NFB
of SC