[Nfbofsc] Lee County NFB Chapter hosting HumanWare

Linda Dizzley ldizzley at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 11 21:34:16 UTC 2019

Hello All,

The Lee County Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind will participate in a Health Fair and Health Walk at St. John A.M.E. Church 520 S. Main Street, Bishopville,  across from Food Lion on Saturday, June 15, 2019.  The walk will begin at 8:00 a.m. and the health fair will  begin at 9:30 a.m.

A representative from HumanWare and the National Federation of the Blind   will be present with low vision aids  such as digital magnifiers, readers, braille note takers  and other innovative products  for people who are blind or have low vision.      The presentation and on-hand demonstrations will begin at 9:30 a.m.     These products promote independent living.  You will be able to write, fill our forms, read your own mail, newspapers, grocery products, books,  prescriptions, menus, bills and much more, independently.    We ask that you, your family members, church members, civic organizations, community friends and others please join us at this workshop during the Health Fair  as we continue to educate the public about blindness and provide support and promote independent living for you or someone you care for.  You will be able to try these products for yourself.

If you have members who will not be attending the National Convention, please bring them to this presentation on this Saturday, June 15, 2019.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

We hope to see you there.