[Nfbofsc] Midlands' Gives, Time to Raise Money for Rocky Bottom and NFB of SC in just over 24 hours!! Tuesday, May 7!!!

Jennifer Bazer jhipp25 at sc.rr.com
Sun May 5 23:31:16 UTC 2019

Hello Federation Family!

We are excited to participate in midlands' Gives again this year. With the
help of our 550 members across the state, we can raise money for Rocky
Bottom and NfB of SC who needs our support and the support of our friends
and family!

Successful Transitions will be at Crossings Deli

8604 Farrow Road, Columbia, 29203 from 8:00 until 2:00

East Bay Deli downtown next to the Marriott from 8:00 until 2:00

1426 Main Street, Columbia

Chick-Fil-A West Columbia 8:00 until 2:00

2299 Augusta Road, West Columbia

All locations 8:00 until 2:00.

Come by and hang out, raise some much needed funds. Have fun!!!!

Midlands Gives fund raising program.

              What is Midlands Gives?

              Hosted by Central Carolina Community Foundation, Midlands
Gives is an 18-hour online giving event that brings the region together as
one community, raising money and awareness for local nonprofits in 11
Midlands counties.

              When is Midlands Gives?

              Midlands Gives will take place online on Tuesday, May 7, 2019,
from 6:00 am to 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time.

              How does it work?

              Central Carolina Community Foundation has set up an online
giving platform at MidlandsGives.org with searchable profiles of
participating nonprofits. All donations will be processed through this
website, which allows nonprofits and donors to track the giving on May 7th
via the site's leaderboards.

              If you would like to donate to Rocky Bottom Retreat and
Conference Center, click on the below link.

  https://www.midlandsgives.org/rockybottom.

If you would like to donate to the National Federation of the Blind of SC
(NFB of SC), click on the below:

https://www.midlandsgives.org/NFBOFSC.

If you are uncomfortable using a computer to make a donation or do not have
one, you can come by or call the Federation Center, (803) 254-3777 on
Tuesday, May 7, and we will assist you with your donation.  We will also be
having a "watch party" with refreshments at the Federation Center on May 7,
from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for those individuals who would like to make a
donation to Rocky Bottom through Midland Gives.  We will be especially
working hard to raise the most unique contributions between 12 noon and 1:00
p.m.  The non-profit organization who receives the most unique contributions
during this hour will also receive an additional $2,500 for their group.
Also, the six state board district and state wide divisions will be
competing among themselves to see who can secure the most unique
contributions for Rocky Bottom.  A trophy will be presented to the district
or division who secures the highest number of unique contributions during
Midlands Gives on May 7.  I am asking all chapter presidents to please work
closely with your district board representative and share this information
with your members.  I strongly encourage all of us to make a concerted
effort to spread this information to local businesses, neighbors, friends,
and family and help to financially support Rocky Bottom and the NFB of SC
with this wonderful fund raising opportunity!

Please call Jennifer Bazer if you would like to help at one of the three
locations in Columbia collecting donations at 803-960-9977!

Thank you all for your help to make this a huge success this year!!!

Kind regards,

Jennifer Bazer

Director, Successful Transitions

119 S. Kilbourne RD