[NFBofSC] Braille Menus

Ed Bible ebible at sc.rr.com
Tue Jan 14 13:45:13 UTC 2020

Hello Federation Family,

We need your help!  As most of you know The Federation Center has purchased
equipment and software to be able to produce high-quality braille.  Now, it
is time to advertise this available service to businesses and organizations.
We have already produced braille business cards for some organizations and
professionals at a nominal fee.  Recently, Julie and I delivered a braille
menu to a local restaurant that the Federation Center produced.  .

This is where we need your help. On the NFB of SC website, we want to list
all restaurants, in SC, that already have braille menus, regardless of their
braille production source.  By providing this list, it could be an incentive
for other restaurants to get on board and ensure equal access to their menus
for all of their customers.

Please send Steve Cook and me the name and contact information of
restaurants that you know already have braille menus, along with a
description of the type of food they serve and the restaurant's theme, if
applicable.  This way all of your favorite restaurants that offer braille
menus get free advertising, and we learn which ones may need them too.  For
those who do not yet have braille menus, please forward their info to us so
we can offer this service to them for future customers to use and enjoy.

Thank you for your help with getting this done for the Federation!

Yours in service,

Ed Bible

Chairman, Federation  Center of the Blind