[NFBofSC] FW: Celebrating 30 years of the Americans with Disabilities Act!🎉

Steve & Shannon Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Fri Jul 24 20:26:30 UTC 2020

From: Able South Carolina <snichols at able-sc.org>
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2020 3:41 PM
To: cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Subject: Celebrating 30 years of the Americans with Disabilities Act!🎉

Dear Friend,

On July 26, 1990, George H.W. Bush signed the Americans with Disabilities Act into law, granting people with disabilities equal access to society. This year, we celebrate it's 30th anniversary!

The ADA has provided people with disabilities with rights and protections that allow us to live in the community, work in integrated environments, access public spaces and information, and so much more.

To celebrate the #ADA30, we have three great ways for you to get involved:

1) Attend the virtual Disability Pride Arts Showcase!

On July 28, at 6:30 PM, artists with disabilities from across South Carolina and the United States will be sharing their art and disability pride with us. Grab your popcorn and join us for a watch party at 6:30 PM!

Registration is not required, but to stay updated, RSVP to our Facebook event:

 <https://default.salsalabs.org/T51fb92ce-f786-432d-acff-5556753642a5/ff31abd8-4c06-4833-9a78-177bcc7ad1ea> RSVP to the Disability Pride Arts Showcase

2) Attend our panel discussion on the past and future of the ADA!

On July 30, at 5:30 PM, we are going live on Facebook with disability rights leaders in South Carolina and beyond to honor the history of the Americans with Disabilities Act and discuss our disability rights goals for the future.

Registration is not required, but to stay updated, RSVP to our Facebook event:

 <https://default.salsalabs.org/T3e4feb4c-40cb-4a73-9c9d-a13e61f02e90/ff31abd8-4c06-4833-9a78-177bcc7ad1ea> RSVP to our ADA30 Panel

3) Learn how to make content accessible by attending our Digital Accessibility Conference!

Do you work in web development, marketing, or social media? Attend our first ever Digital Accessibility Conference on August 4!

Why? Simply put, as we are all navigating our new ways of living online, people with disabilities may be left out of that content. Over 1.2 million South Carolinians with disabilities may find it difficult or impossible to buy your goods, read your blogs, watch your videos, purchase your services, as well as use your interfaces to create and share.

Attend our Digital Accessibility Conference and you will hear from leading experts and get hands-on experience in making your digital content accessible.

 <https://default.salsalabs.org/T3d229495-8ed4-4038-9706-6aad18ba5e10/ff31abd8-4c06-4833-9a78-177bcc7ad1ea> Register for the Digital Accessibility Conference

Able South Carolina
720 Gracern Road Suite 106 | Columbia, South Carolina 29210
803.779.5121 | advocacy at able-sc.org

Follow Us

 <https://www.facebook.com/AbleSC>

 <https://twitter.com/intent/follow?screen_name=Able_sc>