[NFBofSC] Voting!

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Tue Nov 3 11:48:29 UTC 2020

Voting Resources

The National Federation of the Blind is working to ensure that all blind
voters have the ability to vote privately and independently.

We always encourage blind people, regardless of their political views, to
participate in the American democracy.

If your circumstances do not allow you to vote privately and independently
this year, we still urge you to vote and then complete the 2020 Blind Voter
Survey (details below). You have the right to have a person of your choice
assist you in voting, either by mail or at the polls, if you cannot fill out
your ballot privately and independently.

2020 Blind Voter Election Day Hotline

We are hosting an Election Day hotline that blind and low-vision voters,
poll workers, and voting rights advocates can call when problems with
accessible voting technology or other barriers prevent a blind voter from
casting a private and independent ballot. To access the hotline, call
1-877-632-1940 on November 3, 2020 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern and
Pacific.

2020 Blind Voter Survey

If you are a blind or low-vision voter who participated in the 2020 U.S.
presidential election, we need your feedback. The 2020 Blind Voter Survey
consists of two separate surveys this year:

*	Absentee and Mail-In Voters: If you are a blind or low-vision voter
who voted absentee or by mail, please complete
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YJJL7GN> surveymonkey.com/r/YJJL7GN.
*	In-Person Voters: If you are a blind or low-vision voter who voted
at an early voting center or at a polling place on Election Day, please
complete  <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NGFMPF2>
surveymonkey.com/r/NGFMPF2.

The results will be provided to state election officials, state protection
and advocacy agencies, and voting rights advocates to help improve the
accessibility of future elections. Funding for the survey was provided
through a Help America Vote Act grant from the Administration for Community
Living, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Questions about the
survey or accessible voting should be directed to Lou Ann Blake at
<mailto:lblake at nfb.org> lblake at nfb.org or 410-659-9314, extension 2221 or
Jeff Kaloc at  <mailto:jkaloc at nfb.org> jkaloc at nfb.org or 410-659-9314,
extension 2206.

The above information can be found at

www.nfb.org/vote <http://www.nfb.org/vote>

Steve Cook

District 2 State Board Member of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

1st Vice President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the
National Federation of the Blind of SC

President elect of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the
Blind of SC

The National Federation of the Blind of SC owns and operates Rocky Bottom
Retreat & Conference Center.  Below is a link to read more about Rocky
Bottom and to make a reservation for a mountain retreat!

 <http://rockybottomofsc.com/> Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference Center

Please join the National Federation of the Blind of SC on Face Book at any
of the below links!

 <https://m.facebook.com/NatFedofSouthCarolina/> National Federation of the
Blind of SC on Face Book

<https://m.facebook.com/Computer-Science-Technology-Division-of-the-NFB-of-S
C-343263089815304/> Computer Science & Technology Division of the National
Federation of the Blind of SC

 <https://m.facebook.com/RockyBottomofSC/> Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference
Center

South Carolina Association of Blind Students

 <https://m.facebook.com/groups/375092969314880?_rdr> South Carolina Parents
of Blind Children

The National Federation of the Blind welcomes all blind people, parents of
blind children, blind students, those losing vision, and more. We are a
family of members and friends that knows that blindness is not the
characteristic that defines you or your future. You can live the life you
want.

How to Join

Federation of the Blind is to attend a chapter or division meeting in your
local area. You can find your nearest chapter or division meeting by
reaching out to your state affiliate president. Membership in a chapter or
division will automatically grant you membership in your state affiliate and
the national organization.

 <https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/join-us> Come join us!