[NFBofSC] accessibility boutiques

Steve Cook stanley7709 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 22:11:39 UTC 2020

Learning Management Systems

Tuesday, November 17
2:00-3:30 p.m. ET
Zoom Teleconference

Originally, online learning management systems (LMS) were used almost
exclusively in higher education. Today, they are ubiquitous in all levels of
education. Join the NFB's access technology team to learn about four of the
most commonly used systems. We will discuss the accessibility of the
following:

*	Canvas
*	Blackboard
*	Desire2Learn
*	Google Classroom

While you may not have direct input into which LMS your school (or your
child's school) uses, we will offer some talking points that may be useful
in advocating for change and speaking to school administrators about
accessibility and why it is important.

You will receive a Zoom meeting link approximately twenty-four hours before
the event.
<https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/center-excellence-nonvisual-access/tr
ainings/accessibility-boutiques/accessibility-boutique-registration>
Register today!

Tips and Tools for an Accessible Smart Home

Tuesday, December 15
2:00-3:30 p.m. ET
Zoom Teleconference

As technology rapidly advances, its integration into our lives is becoming
more common. The idea of a "smart home" is becoming less science fiction and
more of a reality. This boutique will cover accessible smart home devices
like:

*	Security systems
*	Appliances
*	In-home applications
*	Entertainment systems

You will receive a Zoom meeting link approximately twenty-four hours before
the event.
<https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/center-excellence-nonvisual-access/tr
ainings/accessibility-boutiques/accessibility-boutique-registration>
Register today!

More Information

For more information about our accessibility boutiques, please call
<tel:410-659-9314> 410-659-9314, option 5, or email  <mailto:access at nfb.org>
access at nfb.org.